Sign in to follow this  
Yezzie

Advanced Launcher is allowed ?

Dunno, tho i know that some options like removing muzzle flash and smoke are not allowed .... whole Advanced launcher more or less can flag BE so there is risk. 

Tho if you have good/decent PC i don't get it, why you even need to use Advanced launcher at all.. 

41 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Dunno, tho i know that some options like removing muzzle flash and smoke are not allowed .... whole Advanced launcher more or less can flag BE so there is risk. 

Tho if you have good/decent PC i don't get it, why you even need to use Advanced launcher at all.. 

Advanced launcher isn't on BE's blacklist and is allowed. Removing muzzle flash and particles isn't "allowed" but doesn't get flagged by BE anyway.

Edited by swft

43 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

they specifically stated that advanced launcher is currently allowed and an exception in battleye and thus all options should not lead to bans.

however, they want to integrate those options into the client eventually - and with ue 3.5 it probably wouldn't be possible otherwise.

removing fog/smoke is not an option that the advanced launcher provides.

particle effects still tank fps (i7 8770k@5.1GHz, 1080ti (stock oc)) and limiting those via advanced launcher is quite reasonable.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:05 PM, MattScott said:

For clarification, players can still use the Advanced Launcher for the time being. The developer was generous to share the code so we could test and review it. We hope to incorporate many of these features directly into APB in the future.

also this, probably isn't what this thread is about - the OP says it's not working, he's not actually just asking if it is allowed.

BTT: at this point in time, advanced launcher still works (and is allowed) - did you place the files in the apbreloaded directory? it should look kinda like this

BruKGjm.png

(there are some more files in there, i just cut it short, main point is that APBGame (etc) and Advanced Launcher are in the same directory)

Edited by neophobia

Sign in to follow this