Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Jericho Unstable

Recommended Posts

Jericho just went to 35ms server side then fin-5 crashed. Can we fix these servers already? Or better yet replace them.

 

Edit: Inf loading screen when trying to re enter a dist.

Edited by Darkzero3802

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

Edited by Emcitement
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

 

what ban wave? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

The one we just had not too long ago

 

that was months ago i guess? apb needs a new ban wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

 

that was months ago i guess? apb needs a new ban wave.

Im not sure when exactly the ban wave happened but they do ban more than that when it comes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

Well obv mitigation isnt working then if the pattern is this repeatable cause it should prevent the crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If mitigation was not working we would not be playing at all.

DDoS would shut down the games completely otherwise.

Were playing when theres an inf loading screen and crashing districts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some are playing.

Some have potato computers that crash the game easier.

the quality of the computer helps in this just as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Some are playing.

Some have potato computers that crash the game easier.

the quality of the computer helps in this just as much.

I admit at 6yrs old my pc isnt new but its more then capable of handling APB and far from a potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The previous comment wasn't directed at you.

It was meant for in general.

I am intending to do so with this comment as well.

 

Parts wear out even if they are "supposed" to be good enough.

It's happened to me over time in the past.

Overheating for instance can strain the processor chip as well as damage it  or other parts.

Wear and tear however is only part of this equation.

A lot of other factors like DDoS , mitigation , and anything else not mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The previous comment wasn't directed at you.

It was meant for in general.

I am intending to do so with this comment as well.

 

Parts wear out even if they are "supposed" to be good enough.

It's happened to me over time in the past.

Overheating for instance can strain the processor chip as well as damage it  or other parts.

Wear and tear however is only part of this equation.

A lot of other factors like DDoS , mitigation , and anything else not mentioned.

Yup. These servers couldn't handle APB from day 1 and its only worse now then back then. Yes the netcode is trash but these servers are just as bad if not worse. At the end of the day new servers should be brought in to better handle the game and the better engine on the way. It will only strain the servers even more and I hate to see how bad they would be if unreal 4 was unleashed let alone the disaster that has been unreal 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In theory the  Engine Upgrade should be less stressful based off of reports on that thread that was made by Little Orbit and the  SPCT team who

mentioned how it seemed this way ( or however they worded it i forget)

 

I'm not saying the servers do not need an upgrade MattScott himself suggested they need it before in a previous thread.

I am saying  the DDoS is a major part of the issues for today.

I am also saying for some people their potato computers dont help the situation for them.

i am also saying I want nachos im flippin fiending hungry for them and i dont know why

But that is that and this is this so i have to do without.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Some are playing.

Some have potato computers that crash the game easier.

the quality of the computer helps in this just as much.

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash? That does not make sense. Worst case they will warp around a little due to sending less data to the servers. If anything, players running APB at 144fps stand a better chance at crashing the servers, but only if the netcode is directly linked to the framerate. As far as I'm aware it's not.

 

4 hours ago, Emcitement said:

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

My theory is a cheat developer is other player's PCs by adding a botnet to their cheats. A bit farfetched, but it seems pretty easy to do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

My theory is a cheat developer is other player's PCs by adding a botnet to their cheats. A bit farfetched, but it seems pretty easy to do.

That's an incredibly interesting theory. Damn.

Edited by Emcitement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Jericho safe to login now ?

 

I wanted to drive around and test out the new brakes on my Vegas.

Brakes failed on me the other day...... ran over a few pedestrians.

 

/sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Westford said:

Is Jericho safe to login now ?

 

I wanted to drive around and test out the new brakes on my Vegas.

Brakes failed on me the other day...... ran over a few pedestrians.

 

/sigh

No. Social just went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

No. Social just went down.

I'm thinking, that the incident with the pedestrians the other day ....... may be due to server lagg...

In which case, technicality, I am not at fault .

 

Which is a good thing ...

Haha.

 

Edited by Westford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash? That does not make sense. Worst case they will warp around a little due to sending less data to the servers. If anything, players running APB at 144fps stand a better chance at crashing the servers, but only if the netcode is directly linked to the framerate. As far as I'm aware it's not.

 

My theory is a cheat developer is other player's PCs by adding a botnet to their cheats. A bit farfetched, but it seems pretty easy to do.

explains why the lag only happens when the cheaters im facing start turning it up cause they about to c2L

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash?

No I am not saying that , but for some computers being low end would mean they can not connect properly in times of DDoS attacks like my old computer.

The strain on the  players end from a low end computer can cause a infinite loading screen if it can not process it quickly enough and it times out from it.

This does not mean this is why of course  , just that it is one of many possibility's in times like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...