Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Briefly disable Blowtorch and Car Spawner if vehicle is shot

Having people spawning in front of you because you're not within Car Spawner range isn't exactly fun. Neither is people mitigating most hard damage dealt because they've got a pocket blowtorch hanging out the window

GA5 Stations already do this - if your vehicle takes any damage while inside, it will stop any repairs for a couple of seconds. I'd like to see a similar mechanic for Blowtorch repairs - albeit with a much reduced delay. This could also be applied to consumables as well - avoiding the mobile shield repair cheese that some people pull off

Car Spawners should become invalid for two-three seconds tops when under fire, regardless of distance. You should NOT be able to get away with parking your car in the open & in clear line of sight - Battlefield games used to do the same for squad spawns when the squad leader was suppressed.

Edited by Nitronik
mobile shield tip
  • Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldnt disabling carspawn while vehicle is shot put extra pressure on server?

Either way, nah, you equip blowtorch to fix the car, and it takes the most important mod slot, field supplier, so at least having full usability of the blowtorch under any circumstance is fair

Maybe the Blowtorch could still fix the vehicle but at a lower %, the more damage it takes per second while also taking in to account the amount of people currently repairing the same vehicle? I worry that the Blowtorch would be even more underused since Spotter is still the best character mod by far since there's no punishment for using it paired with the consumable ammo box. So, until they fix Spotter, I don't think they should touch this at all.

Edited by swft
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, swft said:

Maybe the Blowtorch could still fix the vehicle but at a lower %, the more damage it takes per second while also taking in to account the amount of people currently repairing the same vehicle? I worry that the Blowtorch would be even more underused since Spotter is still the best character mod by far since there's no punishment for using it paired with the consumable ammo box. So, until they fix Spotter, I don't think they should touch this at all.

Why not both? Also reducing repair per second instead of disabling might as well do the trick - as long as it reduces by how much you can extend a vehicle's resilience under fire

Edited by Nitronik

10 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

Why not both? Also reducing repair per second instead of disabling might as well do the trick - as long as it reduces by how much you can extend a vehicle's resilience under fire

Yea, doing both would be sweet, but LO doesn't seem to care about balancing atm, sadly.

Just now, swft said:

Yea, doing both would be sweet, but LO doesn't seem to care about balancing atm, sadly.

😞

5 hours ago, swft said:

its not like theres any punishment for using blowtorch either, and i see way more blowtorches than spotters

imo theres no reason blowtorch should just be flat out better than a gas station for everything

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

its not like theres any punishment for using blowtorch either, and i see way more blowtorches than spotters

imo theres no reason blowtorch should just be flat out better than a gas station for everything

EU's meta is stacking Spotter (at higher play, I guess), which is way better than stacking Blowtorch. But yes, both are unbalanced and should be looked at.

• Like 1