Tsundere Akitaki

BattlEye problem, disallowed driver or some weird sh*t, please help?

Hey people of APB,

I've been having for the past few weeks a problem I've never encountered before. Google'ing about it yielded no results, only some fortnite threads with no fix and/or probably not related to my issue. Bottom line is, I've had no luck and by no means am I an amateur at looking up my issues on Internet for solutions...

So, this weird problem happens when I launch APB after putting my PC to sleep. It gives me this message:

Disallowed driver: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\PGS2492.tmp

And asks me to reboot or something. 

Can someone help me? Anything is much appreciated...

Firstly, try restarting your pc. Not just shutdown and start it up again, that's something different. (Blame Microsoft for that one)

If that fixes the issue great, if not then continue reading

You can try clearing the temp items from your system (they're usually not needed anyway).

The steps for how to do that: 

1. Open the file explorer
  2. Right click on the C drive
  3. Click properties
  4. Click 'Disk Cleanup'
  5. Scroll down and check the box next to 'Temporary Files'
  6. Press 'OK'
  7. Confirm the deletion by pressing 'Delete Files'

That should fix it. If it doesn't, please post here again

Thank you @Kevkof for your helpful reply. You are absolutely right, restarting does fix my issue, but I was looking for something more permanent or at least without needing to restart every time.
When forced to restart for the first few times, that'd be okay, but it can get under your skin over time ^^
When it happens again, I will try the disk cleanup solution and I will give feedback in a comment. Thank you again.

9 minutes ago, Tsundere Akitaki said:

Thank you @Kevkof for your helpful reply. You are absolutely right, restarting does fix my issue, but I was looking for something more permanent or at least without needing to restart every time.
When forced to restart for the first few times, that'd be okay, but it can get under your skin over time ^^
When it happens again, I will try the disk cleanup solution and I will give feedback in a comment. Thank you again.

I've tried looking for what specifically that file might be from, but had no luck.

You could have a look at the list of installed programs and remove the ones you don't need.

Use process monitor to figure out what application is writing that file. I would also send a support ticket to battleye and Gamersfirst to inform them of a possible false positive.

Process Monitor Download:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

1. Download Process Monitor and run it as Admin.
  2. Add the temporary file directory to the list of filters. It should look similar to this:
    - https://imgur.com/dfCBnMy
  3. Click Apply then click OK. Process Monitor should start recording. You can check by looking at the bottom of the window. The number of events should continue to increase.
  4. Let process monitor run while you do other things.
  5. When Battleye blocks that file, check process monitor. The application/process accessing that file should listed on the left.

Update: I've finally figured out what was wrong. It would seems that was a false positive from BattlEye, triggered by some process that I couldn't identify, even now. I'll explain my situation in case that helps someone in the future.

What happened was, I was playing on an Aion private server. Apparently, that particular server starts some process or service that triggered Black desert's anticheat and now APB's BattlEye. So whenever I start a session on that server, I'm forced to restart my PC to be able to play APB .. or BDO, or any game whose anticheat gets triggered by that process. 

Thanks guys for your time and help. @MrsHappyPenguin TIL something new. That would certainly come handy when I need to know which process use what file. Thank you all.

Just an FYI, Battleye might also block process monitor. If it does, a restart will fix that block message too.

I wish we could get an anti-cheat that doesn't block normal applications.