Nitronik

make Heavy Barrel reduce shotgun spread

Heavy Barrel currently has no effect on shotguns.

As a test, it would be interesting to give Heavy Barrel the added benefit of reducing shotgun pellet spread.

-10 / 20 / 30% Accuracy loss
NEW : -9 / 12 / 15% Shotgun pellet spread  ( a far cry from the DOW's 35% )
-5 / 10 / 15% weapon damage

This would reward players who keep their aim on-point with more pellets-on-target, allowing shotgun users to also harass people down range more consistently.

The effectiveness at range would still be kept in line by the damage reduction, seeing as shotguns don't have great drop-off ranges. The likeliness of partial hits in close quarters will also be slightly reduced unless your aim is on point.

• Like 2

Taking how many pellets hits target anyway I would decrease weapon damage by at least -2*1 % in each aka. -7 / -14 / -21 % weapon damage.

I can see long-distance shotguns otherwise.

Edited by Mitne

Some extra thoughts :

While it would make HB on shotguns not a noob trap I'm not sure there's much of a reason to use it over IR for some of them

Although I'd rather see a mod with a niche effect than one with no effect at all

Problems there could be with this
Strife : great damage, could become a 800 damage CQC nuke? The TTK is nearly 1.2s however

CSG : with HB1 / HB2 it could be pretty nice at range but it has a near .8 TTK

Shredder : super tight spread, although the damage and drop off are pretty bad, and it'd make it even worse in CQC

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Taking how many pellets hits target anyway I would decrease weapon damage by at least -2*1 % in each aka. -7 / -14 / -21 % weapon damage.

Agreed

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

42 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Agreed

keep in mind shotguns have as little as 7.5m effective range, and generally inflict less than 700 damage (aside from the strife's 900).

The CSG sits at 621 damage for example.

Edited by Nitronik

Shotguns don't have range ATM, so there's no way you could justify choosing to reduce spread except maybe on the NFAS or Strife.

It should also increase the minimum damage drop off range by +5, +10, and +15 meters. Reducing damage will completely negate the tighter spread with the stupid low range on the JG. An increase in minimum damage dropoff would make the damage curve less harsh. You still will require 3-4 hits at 15M, but at least it will be consistent, not all of a sudden jump to 5 hits because the player moved an inch. Automatic shotguns could be adjusted to require 4 hits to kill with the HB mod.

They should have left shotguns alone. They weren't unbalanced to begin with. All this balancing really did was make the NFAS better than the other shotguns, but increased the reliable range of SMGs and ARs since shotguns are less of a threat. The 'True Orge' is a bit unbalanced in fight club, but it's fight club, where you're suppose to just beat the crap out of each other senselessly.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It should also increase the minimum damage drop off range by +5, +10, and +15 meters. Reducing damage will completely negate the tighter spread with the stupid low range on the JG. An increase in minimum damage dropoff would make the damage curve less harsh. You still will require 3-4 hits at 15M, but at least it will be consistent, not all of a sudden jump to 5 hits because the player moved an inch. Automatic shotguns could be adjusted to require 4 hits to kill with the HB mod.

They should have left shotguns alone. They weren't unbalanced to begin with. All this balancing really did was make the NFAS better than the other shotguns, but increased the reliable range of SMGs and ARs since shotguns are less of a threat. The 'True Orge' is a bit unbalanced in fight club, but it's fight club, where you're suppose to just beat the crap out of each other senselessly.

That's something I hadn't considered, interesting!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, BXNNXD said:

haven’t i been here already