Sign in to follow this  
Zsm00th

tear gas and incendiary

Well, uh... that's kind of a vague thread, since it doesn't say much other than just the idea.

Care to elaborate a bit, OP? Any specific ideas about the alternate grenades? Y'know, something about their behaviour, "fuse" length, cloud duration, damage they would deal, stuff like that.

• Like 1

nvm. does any one have a brain here

Look at some videos of csgo or search tear gas or incendiary.

the burn time for both gas and incendiary is 30 to 45 seconds. The fuse is basically the same as a normal hand grenade.

I feel both should be impact activated. 

IDK about tear gas tbh,  people would abuse the shit out of it. Imagine it making your vision blurry. Or stunning in an area.  Too strong for what the game is right now. 

If anything, those should come in the shape of grenade launcher mods or straight out variants of the weapon. That way people wouldn't abuse them as much. Having to basically cut all the raw damage of your opgl in expense of having some area blocking will put off most people. 

Edited by _chain

2 hours ago, Zsm00th said:

nvm. does any one have a brain here

Look at some videos of csgo or search tear gas or incendiary.

I was going to say that you could've created the same post without insults, but without the insult it wouldn't contribute any more information anyway, so there's that. I guess we can't have nice things and we always have to be condescending pricks to one another.

2 hours ago, Zsm00th said:

the burn time for both gas and incendiary is 30 to 45 seconds. The fuse is basically the same as a normal hand grenade.

Even taking the usual mission length in APB into account, 30 seconds is an absurdly long duration. Hell, even in CS:GO (since it was brought up) incendiaries only burn for 7 seconds - and that in itself is enough time for a lot of things to happen.

Adding the perspective that there could be multiple grenades in play (if we allowed more than 1 to be carried on a player), they could be resupplied from various sources, and that multiple team members could carry them, it would be entirely possible for the defending team to completely shut down all access points to the objective with just the grenades, since passing through would cause damage... ugh.

Also, I can't imagine an incendiary grenade with such fuse time, personally. In my opinion, ideally they'd activate upon impact with a surface, much like in CS:GO.

I'd like to have an exclusive Molotov "Grenade" on Criminals since Enforcers have the stun grenade.

Time to Kill: 10 sec.

Shots to Kill: 1.

Max Health Damage: 100 per second. ()You have to stay on fire 10 seconds to die. If no one is shooting you tho.)

Max Stamina Damage: 10 per second.

Max Hard Damage: 60 per second. (Fire could stay on cars for dramatic effect.)
Fire Time: 15 sec.

Max Damage Radius: 4 m.

Radius: 4m

Speed:15.5 m/s

Fuse Delay: On impact

Equip Time: 0.70 sec

Ammo Capacity: 1 (I'd make it that you only can carry one so It's not that OP.)

6 hours ago, Zsm00th said:

30 to 45 seconds is so many time in APB, more if you can just resupply infinite Molotovs with ammo supplies and keep spamming them in a small area so your enemies can't access it.
Balance.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

6 hours ago, MartinPL said:

I was going to say that you could've created the same post without insults, but without the insult it wouldn't contribute any more information anyway, so there's that. I guess we can't have nice things and we always have to be condescending pricks to one another.

Even taking the usual mission length in APB into account, 30 seconds is an absurdly long duration. Hell, even in CS:GO (since it was brought up) incendiaries only burn for 7 seconds - and that in itself is enough time for a lot of things to happen.

Adding the perspective that there could be multiple grenades in play (if we allowed more than 1 to be carried on a player), they could be resupplied from various sources, and that multiple team members could carry them, it would be entirely possible for the defending team to completely shut down all access points to the objective with just the grenades, since passing through would cause damage... ugh.

Also, I can't imagine an incendiary grenade with such fuse time, personally. In my opinion, ideally they'd activate upon impact with a surface, much like in CS:GO.

lol In real life that the the burn time airhead

2 minutes ago, Zsm00th said:

lol In real life that the the burn time airhead

I don't think we should really care about realism in a game where there's no momentum when leaving a moving car, kevlar is a perfectly normal thing to have implants of, and halfbricks can be hand-thrown for over 100 metres. 30 seconds of completely disabling an area from safe passage is way too harsh for anyone who would be forced to pass through the fire/gas just to get to the objective. Don't forget resupply units allowing for just popping tear gas/incendiary grenades over and over.

Thanks for yet another insult instead of argumentation, by the way. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

incendiary's could be abused pretty hard by blocking entry points with some guy and his car with an ammo mod or an ammo box, i feel like smoke nades could be actually pretty useful in a lot of situations if they don't completely destroy frame rates