Mitne

Christmas Test OTW opinions.

I think we should do overall place for gathering opinions here after Slay Bells test on EU OTW (NA also welcome, it's the same game after all).

So here it is. Here's sample form I'm gonna use for my opinion, do whatever you want but it will looks fine in one form I guess:

Major problems:
Minor problems:
Strong sides:

Overall opinion:

So here's we go. Here's my opinion:

Major problems: X

Minor problems:

- Snowstorms entrapment: Late game, there is tendency that you land in middle of snowstorms from which you can't get out without death. Annoying.

- Snowballs nades are better option than HohohOPGL: Surely superior in close quaters and less but still superior in range but still no need to reload and infinite number of snowballs might make players keep throwing they nade snowballs instead of using HohohOPGL in practice

- Inbalanced team got it harder: While it won't be problem on full servers (all teams will have 4 members) - it surely will be problem later on when event servers start to get more empty (3 vs 4 people teams with no advantages for 3 people team whatsoever). At some low number of people game won't start although.

- Very limited spectators: Lack of option for moving around for spectators (cars are disabled as well) means that spectators gonna be bored to death waiting for next match. Give them super speed or ghostly spawnable cars.

Strong sides:

- Overall fun survival event

- Casual friendly

- In spirit of olds Christmas events

Overall opinion: Event seems to be fine by my standards. There is nothing major to break as far as I noticed. Minor problems might cause headache but are avoidable most of time.

Edited by Mitne

Major problems:

N/A

Minor problems:

The round goes to the team holding the point at the end, but the rounds are around 4 minutes long. This doesn't make any sense really since ultimately only the last few seconds of any round matters. Either make it go to whoever held the point the longest or shorten the rounds.

The HoHoHoPGL windup timer doesn't match up with the windup sound.

Car explosions kill people, which feels off in a snowball fight.

Ghosts can't see where the zones are or what the duration is, but I think that's a glitch maybe?

Strong sides:

Macaroni and cheese is a pretty fucking strong side, so strong in fact that it's even a main course sometimes.

Overall opinion:

It's a fun event, basically just a better version of the snowball fight. I like it overall.

Major problems:

-It seems that being in a group with someone will guarantee you to be in the same team as them no matter what, this can lead to unfair matchmaking.

Minor problems:

-The OGPL timer is unnaturally longer, it isn't a major problem but it does catch me and others off guard.

-Car explosions seem to be able to get kills

-The droppable Joker Boxes give strange Legendaries (Ex. Medusa with the skin of a True Ogre and an Ursus with the skin of a Nano) while Im sure it is a glitch, it was definitely interesting to see.

-The freeze zone rather kills too slowly or it doesn't kill you at all.

Strong sides:

- The rewards only being simple things makes this a much more casual and enjoyable experience

Overall opinion:

This is a big step up from the Autumn assault event, It is less stressful, unique, and a generally fun experience.

major issues

• none

minor issues

• imo being a ghost is pretty boring especially if you're entire team is eliminated, as matches can go pretty long
  • ghosts cant follow the action (no obj markers, no round timer, no freeze zone effects), made more difficult by the forced contact respawns as a ghost
  • its hard to tell if/when you will stop being a ghost
  • the freeze zone borders are really hard to make out on the ingame map
  • the huge surplus of ammo does make the event fun, but it also leads to people just spamming snowballs with no real consequences
  • car surfer is disabled - for this event at least, i feel like carsurfer would add an interesting dynamic
  • medals - as far as i can tell the only available medal is blitzkrieg 1
  • its difficult to tell who is on what team and what team has control over a capture point

overall opinion/pros

• event has a low floor and a high ceiling, allowing anyone to participate pretty effectively 
  • rewards are available to nearly everyone
  • spawns overall are much better than the previous events
  • its fun

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, RyunZakki said:

The  christmas event is  available in OTW server?

For now it's still run manually. There was a public playtest yesterday at 5pm PT.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:05 PM, BXNNXD said:

minor issues

• imo being a ghost is pretty boring especially if you're entire team is eliminated, as matches can go pretty long
  • ghosts cant follow the action (no obj markers, no round timer, no freeze zone effects), made more difficult by the forced contact respawns as a ghost
  • its hard to tell if/when you will stop being a ghost
  • the freeze zone borders are really hard to make out on the ingame map
  • the huge surplus of ammo does make the event fun, but it also leads to people just spamming snowballs with no real consequences
  • car surfer is disabled - for this event at least, i feel like carsurfer would add an interesting dynamic
  • medals - as far as i can tell the only available medal is blitzkrieg 1
  • its difficult to tell who is on what team and what team has control over a capture point

i would echo all of these points as well...