Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TommyGun999

Cooling Jacket and Extended Magazine

Recommended Posts

Hello. This suggestion applies to 2 modifications, which in my opinion are not very useful and should get a buff.

 

Cooling Jacket:

FnMod_Weapon_CoolingJacket3.png

It is very harmful to Colby M-1922 and useless for weapons such as: ALIG 762 Surefire, N-SSW 74 Kraken, ATAC 424 Mercenary and Watchman because you can not carry a continuous fire even from a fairly close distance because the recoil is too high.

 

Cooling Jacket 1
+3% fire rate
Slightly worsens minimum accuracy: 0.100


Cooling Jacket 2
+5% fire rate
Moderately worsens minimum accuracy: 0.200    -> 0.170

 

Cooling Jacket 3
+7% fire rate
Substantially worsens minimum accuracy: 0.300    -> 0.240

 

 

Extended Magazine:

FnMod_Weapon_ExtendedMagazine3.png

Nobody uses this modification unless it has a weapon with which this modification can not be extracted, such as the Colby M-1922 Hazardous, because the reloading is too long and during reloading, the opponent can kill us.
 

Extended Magazine 1
+10% magazine size
+20% reload time

Extended Magazine 2
+20% magazine size
+40% reload time                -> +35%


Extended Magazine 3
+30% magazine size
+60% reload time                -> +50%

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tommygun itself posted a thread about how two mods hurt it. The weapon knows itself better, hmm? I guess this matter is no longer up for debate..

 

rsz_shrug2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol...?

 

I personally like Extended Mag on some SMGs, especially the Cap 40 Sargent for flushing out multiple opponents in small areas.

Long range rifles and snipers with Cool Jacket is quite satisfying if you can recover the recoil quickly enough.

 

These gun mods are very useful but the Colby M-1922 doesn't need these mods as it already has both a larger magazine and stored ammo count plus a faster fire rate than and OCA.

even an OCA with these 2 mods attached would still not stand up to a Colby M-1922, but it's balanced because of the accuracy and recoil of the M-1922.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 3:56 PM, TommyGun999 said:

Hello. This suggestion applies to 2 modifications, which in my opinion are not very useful and should get a buff.

 

Cooling Jacket:

FnMod_Weapon_CoolingJacket3.png

It is very harmful to Colby M-1922 and useless for weapons such as: ALIG 762 Surefire, N-SSW 74 Kraken, ATAC 424 Mercenary and Watchman because you can not carry a continuous fire even from a fairly close distance because the recoil is too high.

 

Cooling Jacket 1
+3% fire rate
Slightly worsens minimum accuracy: 0.100


Cooling Jacket 2
+5% fire rate
Moderately worsens minimum accuracy: 0.200    -> 0.170

 

Cooling Jacket 3
+7% fire rate
Substantially worsens minimum accuracy: 0.300    -> 0.240

 

 

Extended Magazine:

FnMod_Weapon_ExtendedMagazine3.png

Nobody uses this modification unless it has a weapon with which this modification can not be extracted, such as the Colby M-1922 Hazardous, because the reloading is too long and during reloading, the opponent can kill us.
 

Extended Magazine 1
+10% magazine size
+20% reload time

Extended Magazine 2
+20% magazine size
+40% reload time                -> +35%


Extended Magazine 3
+30% magazine size
+60% reload time                -> +50%

I'd like EM to give more ammo actually, 3 rounds for each 10 rounds in magazine is quite low ammo. Especially in weapons that have low ammo, like shotguns, giving you a really slow reload for +2 rounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really like cj3 on alig tho

 

37 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

snip

no reason to fullquote, especially when addressing the OP <:

Edited by neophobia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 11:57 PM, VickyFox said:

Lol...?

 

I personally like Extended Mag on some SMGs, especially the Cap 40 Sargent for flushing out multiple opponents in small areas.

Long range rifles and snipers with Cool Jacket is quite satisfying if you can recover the recoil quickly enough.

 

These gun mods are very useful but the Colby M-1922 doesn't need these mods as it already has both a larger magazine and stored ammo count plus a faster fire rate than and OCA.

even an OCA with these 2 mods attached would still not stand up to a Colby M-1922, but it's balanced because of the accuracy and recoil of the M-1922.

Long ago, the CJ3 had a 9% fire rate, but this value was probably reduced because of weapons that have a small recoil and for which the recoil by this modification was small, and added a lot of fire rate. Decreasing this value was a good idea, but this modification for other weapons remained useless. In addition, you can see that on 1% fire rate there is 0.033 recoil (CJ1 = 3% fire rate and 0.100 recoil). From this assumption, it appears that at 5% of the fire rate there is 0.166 recoil, and at 7% of the fire rate 0,232 recoil.

 

On 12/10/2018 at 9:57 PM, TheKeanuReeves said:

I'd like EM to give more ammo actually, 3 rounds for each 10 rounds in magazine is quite low ammo. Especially in weapons that have low ammo, like shotguns, giving you a really slow reload for +2 rounds.

I am in favor. I don't know why LO didn't notice it yet.

 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:34 PM, neophobia said:

i really like cj3 on alig tho

 

no reason to fullquote, especially when addressing the OP <:

You surprised me.
Anyway, I think that CJ and EM should be somehow corrected, hoping that they will do something about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, TommyGun999 said:

Long ago, the CJ3 had a 9% fire rate, but this value was probably reduced because of weapons that have a small recoil and for which the recoil by this modification was small, and added a lot of fire rate. Decreasing this value was a good idea, but this modification for other weapons remained useless. In addition, you can see that on 1% fire rate there is 0.033 recoil (CJ1 = 3% fire rate and 0.100 recoil). From this assumption, it appears that at 5% of the fire rate there is 0.166 recoil, and at 7% of the fire rate 0,232 recoil.

I like your balance statistics CJ2 and CJ3. Well, why do we have the recoil at 7% fire rate as at 9% in the old version of CJ3? It would certainly help many weapons, but not "Colby M-1922 Hazardous". Currently I play "Colby M-1922 Mk3"
and I'm good at modifications of "Heavy Barrel 3", "Hunting Sight 3" and "Mobility Sling" maybe it could be replaced by Hazardous modifications to those that I exchanged to make this weapon a threat to the opponent and not the owner. When I was playing "Colby M-1922 Hazardous" I was very annoyed by his colors if this weapon is ever repaired it would be nice to add brown skin.

48369198_156998298603476_614345646927144

 

It may not look interesting but I did it quickly in "paint" for this XD suggestion.

 

Edited by Wasabi987
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to apologize for this suggestion. The point is that I misread the modification statistics on the APB DB page, and now I see that they are balanced. I am sorry that I misled some and also tested CJ and EM on other weapons than just LMG and admit that these two modifications should not be changed. However, I would like to send you one suggestion about the weapon NSSW-74 Kraken which LO wants to modernize (New Kraken APB DB - https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_LMG_NSSW-K_PR3_PR3_GG) which I will publish soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...