Willmore

Making APB much more accurate

I guess, everyone of you know the game as DOTA 2. It is not advertising, but you should be agree with that this game is good in sight of accuracy and balance. In APB everything is vague. 

In DOTA 2 everything is clear - you have skill's cast time, cast range, you see the bar above your character when you are stunned or muted or silenced. You see the numbers. You see how much damage gives all skills, knows their duration. Because of numbers you can play more accurate, more detailed. This game becomes challenging. You can read a lot of guides, know everything about game, and you will be much stronger that that people came without reading any guides or patch notes. 

I WANT THE SAME IN APB! I WANT NUMBERS!

First question: Why there is no numbers?
I don't deny that it could be made specially. If so why it has been done?

Second question: Could it be done?
I know that you, Little Orbit, have a plan in "reloading" reloaded APB. You are doing a great job, thank you for that. But the question was raised: Could it be done? If it could be, when (after what)?

(If it could not be done) Third question: Why?

Thank you for trying to make this game better. Keep trying - you are doing well!

HUD looks dirty "dirty" enough for me (compared to modern games with different HUD layouts). More things on screen wouldn't help.

Accurate numbers in weapons, cars and mods instead of bars that are filled "this" or "that" much with a lighter gray color that the background gray would be one step in the path of decency. 

Edited by _chain

I think Ketog had already made a thread on this subject once, proposing the bars in item info panels to be replaced with numbers for clarity. It would definitely save some players a trip or two to APB database sites.

...Numbers?

APB is not a stats based game despite being strategic but it's strategic in the way of being tactical.

Why would a shooter game be numbers based?

On 12/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, BXNNXD said:

Yeah, I know about APB:DB, but I meant these numbers in game, not on the website.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:07 AM, VickyFox said:

...Numbers?

APB is not a stats based game despite being strategic but it's strategic in the way of being tactical.

Why would a shooter game be numbers based?

Cause it would be better if it is number based. Modifications has these numbers, for instance, Improved Riffling 3 adds +7m effective range, but what's the effective range without that modification? You see? It has some numbers, but not all of them, so it looks unlogical. You know that IR3 adds +7m effective range, but you don't know your effective range without IR3, and with this modification your effective range becomes number_of_default_effective_range + 7