Sign in to follow this  
RoboLoafer

Cops and Robbers?

Hello.

There are many things I would like to see changed and or added to the game. The main one would be getting an active player base again. To do this the APB needs a few things, that I for one was looking for when the game was originally released. Along with the changes it needs some kind of advertising again once a great number of changes have been made so it feels like it had a major upgrade and not just weapon balancing (although that really needs work).

1. Some kind of overhaul to the PVP of the game, it doesn't feel like cops and robbers if I run over 50 people and the enforcer watching me just stands there and thinks everything is fine.
\/ BASICALLY THE PVP NEEDS MORE OF AN OPEN WORLD FEELING MEANING FASTER AND NATURAL PVP (notoriety takes far to long to get up for one) RATHER THAN ONLY USING MATCH UPS
(I know there is or at least was some kind of camera detection for enforcers when your robbing stores which would allow them to shoot you and vice versa this should be implemented for the majority or crimes or add an extra code if P1 kills 5 pedestrians within 1 min and P2 Camera sees P1 kill pedestrian then pvp) Or add some pve. If players constantly fighting other players at the turn of a corner would be a pain to some (If player 1 kills 5 pedestrians spawn cop if player 1 kills 5 cops place bounty)

2.Clan held structures

(Not included but its my personal preference) Add the option for a first person camera. (Just have a different spot for the camera to switch to and add the option to switch from camera 1 or camera 2 in the options panel or add another keyboard command for switching the camera maybe a little more complex then that with the tilt option but you get the idea I hope)

3.Just add more things to do. Not everything has to be pvp and or car based like add a night club or something some cosmetic changes would go a long way. With the hours people spend customizing their characters on the social server it would be good to add some RP aspects to the game even if its something small like grabbing a beer.

4.Drag body option. Investigated civilian body civilian was hit by P1 prompted would like to hunt down or capture player 1  press f (or e I forget) enter pvp with player 1 till either player 1 or player 2 dies or captured winner gets small reward.

5. IDK add a bank or stores with internals make it a zone with high risk high reward witnessed committing a crime in the store when a citizen sees you then auto place bounty on you anyway Im getting tired Ill add to this at a later date and edit it for grammar.

RoboLoafer

• Like 1

agree there need be more cops interraction the current arrest is like useless nobody ever doing so

killing few civilians as crime shall give the killer visible on cops radar to be ready to arrest  and gain notority bonus as cop

same by destroying vehicles or shooting by ppl outside of mission if we as cop press the  witness button it should allow us to arrest them

is just so much more fun as cop and more risky as crime    

more fun no both side i believe

I like everything from this suggestion except the first-person camera, which could spoil the balance of the weapon (example: shooting from sniper I probably do not have to say what it would look like) but the first-person camera in vehicles would be a nice experience. I am 100% in favor of improving the role of enforcer

Point 1 (PVP overhaul):

...kind of yes but at the same time no? APB deals with a massive amount of players in one district by segregating them into missions. You cannot interact with people outside of missions specifically to prevent griefing. The issue is present either way (going Bounty Level 5 on a mission adds a problem while playing missions - everyone and anyone can kill you) and allowing people to get dragged into PVP events unwillingly would only exacerbate the issue.

Perhaps the idea could be worked upon when the Engine Upgrade (and district phasing) is finally shipped. While in a district, you could check an option that tells the game that you want to participate in an open PVP event that's currently happening, or something like that.

Point 2 (Clan owned structures):

Why?

I mean, I understand the idea of clans owning buildings/hideouts/safehouses in the city (and it does sound kinda cool), but... is it really necessary to further separate the players in terms of places they can be in? We already have the Social District to facilitate conversations, social interaction and trading.

Point 2.5 (First person camera):

APB was never meant to be played in first person. Whenever you pit a First Person Perspective player against a Third Person Perspective player, the latter will almost always win, thanks to being able to (for example) peek around corners without exposing themself to enemy vision. Letting people play in FPP mode would effectively be kind of like adding an option that says "Do you want to make the game harder for yourself?".

Point 3 ("adding more things to do"):

Absolutely. I feel like adding even the smallest options to Social would go a long way. Give us benches or ledges to interact with (aka: sit on them :V ), so that Breakwater Marina does not look like a congregation of mannequins, all stuck in the same pose. I'd love to be able to just sit and chill in Social, talk to others while my character also sits back and relaxes etc.

Point 4:
I, uh... I don't think I get it.

I think the paragraph/idea concerns being able to start cross-faction duels with other players, in which case... yeah. Though the functionality is already present in a way (duels can be arranged through witnessing someone who wants a duel and then getting to a location to have the actual duel), it would be an improvement to allow players to do it much more easily.

No rewards, though, to prevent farming cash and standing points and all that.

Point 5 ("High alert locations"):

I feel like this just boils down to "make yourself Prestige 5/Notoriety 5 at any time if you feel like it". Introducing the idea from Point 1 (PVP opt-in) would pretty much allow for the same thing to happen - a zone/mode where you can open fire on anyone.

and FFS  remove freaking team killing and friendly fire -.-

can never play a mission without idiot team killing me NOT by accident

Enforcers are not cops. They are just criminals with badges.

Also sounds like you just want to go play GTA.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

For #1 it sounds like you want the game to go back to the way it was in RTW when pedestrians could witness you committing a crime, then enforcers would get dispatched against you.

#4 Dragging bodies isn't possible because all ragdolls are handled clientside and don't appear in the same position for everyone.