Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

Any word on the threat system?

I watch that twitch video and i didn't hear any discussion about it and was curious what they plan to do with the threat system?

or they going to bring back the old version and update it/improved it, which IMO would the best idea. Or something else coming?

Just now, LAPDAlonso said:

I watch that twitch video and i didn't hear any discussion about it and was curious what they plan to do with the threat system?

or they going to bring back the old version and update it/improved it, which IMO would the best idea. Or something else coming?

iirc mattscott said in his opinion it wasnt ideal that the current threat system can be played so easily and theyd have to look into it at some point

doubt its something thats going to happen for a long time tho

Yeah he basically said that going up or down in threat levels should take much longer than it currently does, which I agree with.

This is just my opinion, but unless they bring back the old threat system and improved on it, this game will never be fun again lol. I hope I'm not the only one who feels that way about how fun the old threat system was and how fun it made the game. Now the game is boring. Guess i will stay on my break until something shows up.

Peace.

Edited by LAPDAlonso

7 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

This is just my opinion, but unless they bring back the old threat system and improved on it, this game will never be fun again lol. I hope I'm not the only one who feels that way about how fun the old threat system was and how fun it made the game. Now the game is boring. Guess i will stay on my break until something shows up.

Peace.

the old threat system looked terrible imo, the only good thing about it was the incentive to win which was also the worst thing about it

aside from the visuals we still have the same system anyways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

Yeah he basically said that going up or down in threat levels should take much longer than it currently does, which I agree with.

this poses an issue to yellows (silver turn gold) players that arent good enough to play in silver districts but too good for bronze district. So if they are stuck at being yellow, it will be a hellhole for them. 

threat issues are interlinked with matchmaking issues which is in turn interlinked with population issues. You can't solve one issue without creating problems in another area.

1 minute ago, MrBubbleTea said:

this poses an issue to yellows (silver turn gold) players that arent good enough to play in silver districts but too good for bronze district. So if they are stuck at being yellow, it will be a hellhole for them. 

threat issues are interlinked with matchmaking issues which is in turn interlinked with population issues. You can't solve one issue without creating problems in another area.

I'm a yellow too, and TBH, if such a change were to be implemented, it would be better for us, right? We would fluctuate less often between silver and gold.

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

I'm a yellow too, and TBH, if such a change were to be implemented, it would be better for us, right? We would fluctuate less often between silver and gold.

im not a yellow btw, but i was yellow during 2013~ish. During that time i either had to bully noobs in bronze dist or suffer in the silver dist, it wasn't fun having to dethreat every time i hit gold. so i made it a point to stay in silver district to improve on my skills but the process was a tough one, albeit numerous rage quits. The game at that point wasn't fun but i hanged on.

the thing is, not everyone wants to play this game to improve on their skills. Some just play it for the joy of it and to have some fun. If they were made to be stuck at yellow for a longer period of time, it will be practically a living hell for them.

1 minute ago, MrBubbleTea said:

im not a yellow btw, but i was yellow during 2013~ish. During that time i either had to bully noobs in bronze dist or suffer in the silver dist, it wasn't fun having to dethreat every time i hit gold. so i made it a point to stay in silver district to improve on my skills but the process was a tough one, albeit numerous rage quits. The game at that point wasn't fun but i hanged on.

the thing is, not everyone wants to play this game to improve on their skills. Some just play it for the joy of it and to have some fun. If they were made to be stuck at yellow for a longer period of time, it will be practically a living hell for them.

I don't intentionally dethreat, but I do fluctuate. I go to bronze server and wreck people and turn gold. Next session I go to silver district, get wrecked, and turn silver. Rinse, repeat.

indeed the old threat system was much more fun and it was need skills and telent to be gold in thats days 

there was something to climb to and to expect to ,the old threat system was base on really SKILLS ....and now you get gold very ez and thats it 

in the old threat system there was levels for the threats ...like bronze 1 to 10 , silver 1 to 10  , gold 1 to 10 

and to lvl up to gold was hard and its was not only that if you ware gold thats meant your gold play but not enough , if you gold 1 you still have to climb up in the ladder to level 10 max gold 

this system was creating wonderful thing in the game something to fight for , something to made you want to really work on your skills , something to waiting for , 

now your just gold with out to know really what gold lvl and to where you need still to climb up 

its boring i can say 

If you are just playing for fun and dont want to try, then I dont understand why losing is such a big deal. 

Aside from that, if you are getting gold in bronze, giving it your best shot in silver, losing gold, and going back to bronze, I dont see that as really that bad. But if you are getting gold in bronze, then INTENTIONALLY losing gold, I think you are kind of a banana. 

That being said, Matt does believe the threat system needs to be reworked and possibly even scrapped completely. So hopefully when this happens, things will get better for everyone.  

Edited by CookiePuss

Sign in to follow this