OvermoderatedForum

RSA Hunter Rework

This is my idea to make the RSA Hunter one of the best secondaries on Armas.

First, swap High Mag Scope for Hunting Sight 3. I'm a minority where I actually love High Mag Scope but the weapon would be better off with HS3 in general.
Secondly, make the weapon actually skinnable. The mesh is identical to the normal RSA so the UV Map must be too. So being locked to the tacky Zebra skin is insane. Solution? Make the Zebra skin available as an Armas-purchase-exclusive skin just like the N-Tecs "Gobi" skin from the Paramilitary pack, or the Atac's Brute Weapon skin from the "Armored Urban Warfare Pack."

If this happened I think that the RSA would see a moderate comeback into use and the weapon would sell more. Win/Win for everybody yes?

• Like 1

agreed

altho im a big fan of turning all those unique weapon skins into regular weapon skins for every gun

• Like 1

I wish the RSA Hunter got a unique model - it honestly was a kinda lazy release for what it is

gI45e9S.png

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, Nitronik said:

I wish the RSA Hunter got a unique model - it honestly was a kinda lazy release for what it is

gI45e9S.png

this.

give it a scope but keep the High Mag Scope and add Improved Rifling 3. (I think high mag scope is something that should be used more often)

with IR3 it would have 83.5m range (that's +13.5m)... the TTK would go from 1.7s to 2s thanks to the -18% firerate...

IMO IR3 should have -10% firerate instead of -18%... the downside is just a bit too extreme on TTK... (I get it, they wanna put a break on close up stopping power for AR's, but AR's aren't the only weapons using IR3.)
the -10% IR3 would then make the RSA TTK 1.87s instead of 2s. (ntec would go from 0.7s to 0.77s instead of 0.82s, which is fine IMO)

EDIT:
if IR3 stays as it is, don't put it on the RSA... the downside is too big that way. Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

also, High Mag Scope shouldn't act like Hunting Sight 1, it should act like HS3 at least, maybe even make it HS4.

as far as im aware high mag scope gives the same accuracy bonus as hs3, just with a higher zoom level
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

also, High Mag Scope shouldn't act like Hunting Sight 1, it should act like HS3 at least, maybe even make it HS4.

as far as im aware high mag scope gives the same accuracy bonus as hs3, just with a higher zoom level
oh, I noticed the values are from HS3, but the (old) APBDB says "Increases benefit of Marksmanship mode slightly", whereas "slightly" is the description for HS1.
the ingame description of HMS says the correct HS3 value...
the reason I always thought it's HS1 but with greater zoom is probably because the description was just wrong, and later on got fixed but I never noticed or forgot. (not sure though, but I was always thinking it is HS1, because of the "slightly")

well, I edited my post to clear that up!
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
oh, I noticed the values are from HS3, but the (old) APBDB says "Increases benefit of Marksmanship mode slightly", whereas "slightly" is the description for HS1.
the ingame description of HMS says the correct HS3 value...
the reason I always thought it's HS1 but with greater zoom is probably because the description was just wrong, and later on got fixed but I never noticed or forgot. (not sure though, but I was always thinking it is HS1, because of the "slightly")

well, I edited my post to clear that up!
understandable

i don’t think high mag scope will ever be very viable tbh (max range is only 100m or so), at least not compared to hs3

i think a big step would be improving the “scope” visuals, but we’re getting off topic

On 9/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Tizzie said:

First, swap High Mag Scope for Hunting Sight 3.

No.This is the only good aim which looks modern.This over da shoulder aim is stupid and looks super dated.Theres no other game(new)with this aim anymore.Even in game like Infestation the new z they make aim like in pubg.Instead of thinking how we can improve and modernize this game - some people keep having this reverse thinking.No suprise 4 me we go in circles 4ever

p.s. sry i hate making dislikes but u have 1 Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

High Mag Scope may get its own niche with the new IR removing the max range limit, doesn't help that characters disappear after roughly 100m though...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheMessiah said:
No.This is the only good aim which looks modern.This over da shoulder aim is stupid and looks super dated.Theres no other game(new)with this aim anymore.Even in game like Infestation the new z they make aim like in pubg.Instead of thinking how we can improve and modernize this game - some people keep having this reverse thinking.No suprise 4 me we go in circles 4ever
dude, there's plenty (modern) games that have the "over the shoulder" aim (with a crosshair, instead of looking through your scope). it's called third person shooter lmao.
but yea, what you're talking about is games that have both, third person and first person. APB doesn't have first person and actually scoping through a scope would look bad and feel even worse...
also, here are some modern third person shooter that use the exact same (in your opinion) "outdated" mechanism:
GTA 5
Tom Clancys The Division
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemtion
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Fortnite
Splatoon

the list goes on and on....

I agree on the "no" part though, I think the RSA should stick to it's high mag scope.
  • Like 1