Salvick

[GAME] Threat Rating Suggestion / Possible Leagues System / Rewards for Ranking Up

Leagues, Threat Level, Rating  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of rewards you think are fair and preferable to have if we could have rewards for going up the ladder on a league system?

• League Joker Mystery Boxes
    • Random Leased Legendary or Armas Weapons
    • Joker Tickets (with the possibility of buying League JMB with them)
    • Bonus in Cash and XP
    • All of the above

7 hours ago, Salvick said:

Exactly this is what I've been saying would be the natural regulator of such rewarding system, top tier / maxed out character players will be used to the game longer enough to already have their rigs set up and even owning whatever they wanted to buy, while giving them some extra APB$ cash and JTickets would motivate them to move out from Fight Club and go play missions with other buddies and specially newcomers. Also I clarified in this same reply that standing points (XP) are out of the equation because that's something you only boost with premium, I agree.

u are talking about High ranked people who need to ditch fight club for having beter ticket rewards and apb cash.

TBH i don't think people wil ditch a place for the money or grind for money as they enjoy certain maps more than others. thats why Waterfront has been empty for months the last 2 years also if Districts have a preset of money they can gain or a preset on level u can gain than it would be in my opinoin alright to boost those districts up to better reward system.

tbh i don't think that this treaht makes any sence in the oppinion u made it stil there maybe things that can be looked at

9 hours ago, cyral said:

Folks....alls i want is a little more fairer on the mach makin...that's all...i really don't understand about 60% of this thread....and i admit that,,but as it stands now with the current system in play....more and more people will leave cause their getting slaughtered to hard when their trying to learn the game...and as a low skilled player with handicaps,, it is frustrating as hell right now...

Fair Matchmaking is part of the thread, the rest of the thread are suggestions on ways to improve the measurement and scales for player's skill, as well as ways to retain, and encourage players to progress and improve.

14 hours ago, Dopefish said:

I'd normally argue that changes are made to benefit the game as a whole, like improved weapon balance would make it better for both low skilled and high skilled player, but considering Gamersfirst have been actively working on removing incentives for performing well, locking only golds into the gold district (no other threat were affected at the time), making the game less skill based by continuously lowering TTK and increasing the randomness of weapons, it's hard to argue for it. But I believe these changes eventually made it worse for low skilled players aswell, due to the playerbase dropping and promoting dethreating (the gold district lock was when everyone first started to dethreat).

Other than threat elitism (I'm gold, you are not, so you must suck), I'm not entirely sure what kind of elitism there would be beyond that. If you talk about the SPCT group of testers, they had very mixed skilled levels and high skilled players did not dominate that group, not to mention that the developers at the time usually just ignored any kind of feedback they received whatsoever. Nor am I sure what changes have been made as a result from high skill players feedback.

Could you provide some examples of elitism you notice in the game, so I can get a better understanding?

Hey there, sorry for the delay, it was too late yesterday when I read your comment.

I appreciate your input again since this time I might be wrong with some of my points of view regarding my previous comments, I'd like to sort this out first: in my opinion there are at least two different kind of elitism we could point out so far, one of these is the natural elitism of a competitive environment, as you said and I add to that, the typical: "you silver noob get gud" or "I'm gold, you have no clue about the game if you are not gold" which is not that bad imo, ofc it has some toxic aspects on how some players manifest their proud about their threat and skills, but is still something inherent to any PvP game and I'm not against this at all.

Then there's another kind of elitism which is a more sensible matter of discussion and may be really subjective since we don't know all the background story of every one of the other players and even the game staff members, but although I would like to keep this specific topic out of discussion on this thread I'll try to bring an answer from my personal perception of this issue.

I think there was a very well-intentioned attempt of fraternization from the old staff (RTW staff carried over to G1, aka Jobs, Jericho, Revoemag, Quinzel, etc.) with the players in the past and at some point the professionalism required for such relation between different hierarchies decayed and was abused by a small portion of players, maybe indirectly influencing some changes that could be for good or not but however, when I talk about this I always remember of these clans that got involved in drama because there were GMs playing with them, so then the community said they where getting protection, indeed we had examples such as some players I don't want to name here but whom were caught cheating after long time being in the front scene of the game at the same time that all this also gave the impression of having whitelisted clans and such.

There's another example in the different events and programs where G1 rewarded us by putting our ingame created content in the game, official sites and media along with the special name tags for players involved in some volunteer programs where it was vox-populi that they handled many of these events in favor of these players who managed to get closer to the staff (I insist, this is very subjective), like they said regarding the Joker Distribution center player-made content when they picked the winners where many people complained about these choices saying that some of the winners had some links with the staff behind the contest arrangement. Anyways, I could contradict this too since I got content I submitted in a few opportunities that is now featured in the official APB page (mainly screenshots) and got rewarded for this same as in one of the last car designing contests, but this was after too many complains regarding past events that then G1/Tiggs decided to make public the specific criteria they would apply to qualify these submissions.

Even when Tiggs took over the Community Management role this changed a little bit but not for too long, and it was worst then, because there were specific players who were really close to her who ended up abusing this relation and they been even violating the ToS in many aspects, including cheating, with impunity.

Again, I wouldn't like to bring this subject into this discussion but I already did, lol, but I think we could either open a new thread to discuss about this or if I've been clear enough to sort this out then we can move along and keep focusing in the threat rating topic.

Just for the note, I don't consider myself part of the most informed and experienced players regarding this matters but as long as it is constructive I'll always try to bring my opinion.

Sorry for walls of text, looking forward to continue the conversations in place. Regards.

• Thanks 1

There's really no need for some intense complex brainstorming here, a simple solution is right infront of us that G1 has been trying to implement and it's the Open Conflict. Let the nature of RNG decide who to match up with who just like in a counter strike pub, it certainly kept even 1.6 going for years since 2000s and it still has servers with people in them to this day, especially in europe afaik. 

1499588296682.jpg

unrelated pic for attention

Edited by K3i

3 hours ago, K3i said:

There's really no need for some intense complex brainstorming here, a simple solution is right infront of us that G1 has been trying to implement and it's the Open Conflict. Let the nature of RNG decide who to match up with who just like in a counter strike pub, it certainly kept even 1.6 going for years since 2000s and it still has servers with people in them to this day, especially in europe afaik. 

[redacted unrelated pic for attention]

Well, although CS:GO have their competitive match making mechanics too, I'd say then we could have a more comprehensive servers list to look at when we pick a district to join?

Like, idk, a tab where you can see the full list of players, maybe not their names, but their threat rating, so you can decide if you join that particular instance or a different one?

I for sure would love to have this information of a district before I join, I always use /pop and /who to see what's going on around there.

Anyways, my suggestion is not about the match making process but it is about a rewarding system with prizes to stimulate the community to put an effort for playing a bit more competitive and specially to find a solution to the de-threating issue.