RedStickAdam

GAME SUGGESTION- "Upgradable" Car Slots

Ok, so. We've all been there I'm sure. We make a car design that is just like "WOW!" but... it's on a 0 slot/1 slot car (or there about).

Now if we want a upgraded version with however many slots, we have to buy the new car and redo the entire design from scratch- Crap!

My suggestion is to add an "Upgrade" function to vehicles [that aren't 4 slots obviously]. Similar to the "Duplicate" button, it creates another copy of the vehicle; but with "Upgrade" it makes the vehicle with an extra slot open. In addition, rather then taking say $20,000 (to buy a new 2-slot Han Veo [as an example]), it only takes $10,000 as you already paid half of the money [the $20,000] for the 1 slot version.

I'm sure it is a realistic option (coding wise) as the duplicate function does just that, with the exception of an addition slot.

Would anyone else like to see this feature sometime in-game? It'd be very valuable to tons of people who create/sell cars [to either their clans, or marketplace investors].

• Like 8

I like this idea.

Countless hours spent trying to recreate my original masterpieces.

Another simple QoL update that could be added to the game.

Agreed, this should happen.

Could also be nice if you could move designs between variants, E.G. move a Vegas design to a 4x4.

• Like 2

If not an option to upgrade a car, then at least the ability to save a scheme to apply on all types of that car (I'd actually prefer that).

Either will work.

• Like 1

I have this beautiful Pontiac Firebird 1-slot that sits in my cluttered af locker that never gets used because of this.

Would love to see this implemented.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

I have this beautiful Pontiac Firebird 1-slot that sits in my cluttered af locker that never gets used because of this.

Would love to see this implemented.

Hah, I wonder where you got that?

*EDIT* Wait a fucking second, you have multiple Firebirds?

Edited by Kewlin

8 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Hah, I wonder where you got that?

*EDIT* Wait a fucking second, you have multiple Firebirds?

Kewlin, did you make it for me? I do have 2, LOL. I think Amancia or Ada made me one. It's been sooo looong. I'm on my alt atm, but I'm gonna check after this mission, lol.

Edited by Evagelyne

9 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Kewlin, did you make it for me? I do have 2, LOL. I think Amancia or Ada made me one. It's been sooo looong. I'm on my alt atm, but I'm gonna check after this mission, lol.

Okay, so I must have made you the shitty one.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Okay, so I must have made you the shitty one.

Yeah, I think so. I'd love my 4x4 to get transformed into a Phoenix...

Just checked, it's the 2-slot one you gave me.

I think this is a good idea, and should be available for weapons as well. Though these upgrades should be hard to come by, or maybe only available through Armas or joker tickets.

• Like 1

Good to know I'm not the only one who'd like to see something like this added!

Edited by Niedosik

7 hours ago, Dopefish said:

I think this is a good idea, and should be available for weapons as well. Though these upgrades should be hard to come by, or maybe only available through Armas or joker tickets.

True.

This is one of those suggestions that has been asked at least 500 times but it should of been implemented from the start.

Maybe LO can do that with the engine upgrade.

I remember G1 said every car (so each slot variant) is just an own item making it impossible.

But since 1 slot and a 4 slot only differ in exact this ability upgrading should tehcnicall not be too hard.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Maybe LO can do that with the engine upgrade.

I remember G1 said every car (so each slot variant) is just an own item making it impossible.

But since 1 slot and a 4 slot only differ in exact this ability upgrading should tehcnicall not be too hard.

To treat the upgrade as a new vehicle unlock would may be technically possible however this may implicate trading and market place in the future, Any system which tries to monitor in game content may not give a accurate valuation.

An example of how this could be bad would be if a actual trading system was added to APB, say it gave the players guidelines or suggestion on to the price of a vehicle but then would show the vehicle's original value because the game still thinks it's a 1 slot vehicle after having all slots upgraded.

A Nulander pioneer with no slots is $40k, with all 4 slots unlocked then the value is $1mil. Say the game had a firm selling price range to prevent scamming in the future then cars would suffer from an extremely heavy loss in value on the market place.

But that's 1 scenario that I came up with, there may be other implications.

I really want upgradable slots as much as anyone else but If GamersFirst said it can't be done, then it's unlikely... I'd like to see Little Orbit prove them wrong though still!

On 5/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, VickyFox said:

To treat the upgrade as a new vehicle unlock would may be technically possible however this may implicate trading and market place in the future, Any system which tries to monitor in game content may not give a accurate valuation.

An example of how this could be bad would be if a actual trading system was added to APB, say it gave the players guidelines or suggestion on to the price of a vehicle but then would show the vehicle's original value because the game still thinks it's a 1 slot vehicle after having all slots upgraded.

A Nulander pioneer with no slots is $40k, with all 4 slots unlocked then the value is $1mil. Say the game had a firm selling price range to prevent scamming in the future then cars would suffer from an extremely heavy loss in value on the market place.

But that's 1 scenario that I came up with, there may be other implications.

I really want upgradable slots as much as anyone else but If GamersFirst said it can't be done, then it's unlikely... I'd like to see Little Orbit prove them wrong though still!

it wouldn't be too hard to link the price of a vehicle and its slots. But I think the more difficult issues they said is how the vehicles are safed because they are saved as complex and compressed strings including the customisation. A way to change that would have to unlock customisation from that string and give item properties some seperate characteristics. But dunno about how much of this is true, or how it actually looks, like.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1