9 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I'll agree that it was a good tool.
I use it to see who is in the server to determine what sort of Twist of the mind' the environment will be, and to look for known trolls, and when on crim n stealing it helps to know who the cop is. ya know is it a greenie or someone I need to worry about.
 That said, I would possibly be one of the 'persecuted'.
We didn't come down here n cry about trolls. Yea they are a pain, sit in district n flip over players cars, troll their missions and such.
The Reason they did it wasn't so much for the victims as the toxic chat that it caused, which leads into everything from racism to sex with your mom.
 Then we have a server that is being ran so people can play, being used to just sit n be toxic. regardless if its the troll or the victim, neither one is in a mission now they just talkin head n those that get Triggered easy will grab a truck n make everyone pay for what the troll did. Now LO is paying for a server, and its not there for trolls or triggered peps to use for their drama, its for gamers to game.
 So its not a matter of of the 1% crying, its a matter of running a server. Why pay for dead toxic weight.
They would just check Who n start talking shit in the chat, not even be playin, just spawn in n sit at the contact n comb the who, and or troll around in a vegas n flip people. this happened every day all day before. The Trolling still happens but its more random not the same people everyday.
 So its really more about running a productive game than anyone crying, who can use the chat if its blown up with a 2-3 peps calling each other names.

You do realize that it is just as easy to run around the district and find them? Or see them in chat talking?

Also I've never seen anyone just enter a district to /who and talk shit was that happening in European servers? Because it isn't in Jericho. In Jericho you won't hear shit unless someone faced them in a mission or the guy spoke in /d. People never /who'd just to trash talk be 😂😂😂 Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
You do realize that it is just as easy to run around the district and find them? Or see them in chat talking?

Also I've never seen anyone just enter a district to /who and talk shit was that happening in European servers? Because it isn't in Jericho. In Jericho you won't hear shit unless someone faced them in a mission or the guy spoke in /d. People never /who'd just to trash talk be 😂😂😂
Hmmm I never thought of that, ill just spend an hour driving around. So much easier than typing /who.
 You must be chat deaf. It gets so bad that a couple will be cursing each other, n some other shit will come up between another couple peps, n pretty soon ya got a whole school of shit talkers n nobody can tell Who is dissing Who. Funny if you ask me.

I wasn't complaining about the loss of Who, just agreeing it was a useful tool. I was addressing the person who thought this was all done over a few cryers, the 1%. I don't remember anyone crying over here over it. This was done along with the new friend list to hamper people from following people.
Yea your right that the trolls need only to go look around for their prey, unless they see you or your chat, they don't know your there, so now they gotta work for it.   It also makes stealing slightly more challenging in a empty district.  You know a cop came in, but you don't know Who the cop is.

52 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
Hmmm I never thought of that, ill just spend an hour driving around. So much easier than typing /who.
 You must be chat deaf. It gets so bad that a couple will be cursing each other, n some other shit will come up between another couple peps, n pretty soon ya got a whole school of shit talkers n nobody can tell Who is dissing Who. Funny if you ask me.

I wasn't complaining about the loss of Who, just agreeing it was a useful tool. I was addressing the person who thought this was all done over a few cryers, the 1%. I don't remember anyone crying over here over it. This was done along with the new friend list to hamper people from following people.
Yea your right that the trolls need only to go look around for their prey, unless they see you or your chat, they don't know your there, so now they gotta work for it.   It also makes stealing slightly more challenging in a empty district.  You know a cop came in, but you don't know Who the cop is.
Umm dude, I'm one of the ones who always talk in /d and read it, I ain't chat deaf, it just doesn't happen like that. If it did people would be getting banned for harassment for it. Ex, I've been called stuff when I enter a district, BUT that's only after I said something in /d (sometimes I've said hi to someone and a different guy goes and says something negative at me or some crap or did a match and the opp got salty.)

While I'm sure what you say the reasoning could happen, it's clearly a non issue the majority of times.

I think they honestly did the /who against streamsniping, it doesn't make sense otherwise, especially when some servers like Jericho only have 1 district for each threat...
  • Like 1

In all honesty I used /who to get hold of what try-hard i'm gonna face today.

• Like 1

I used /who all the time, this change sucks, who even asked for this ?

I really wish they'd stick to fixing stuff that's actually broken, there's plenty of it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
Umm dude, I'm one of the ones who always talk in /d and read it, I ain't chat deaf, it just doesn't happen like that. If it did people would be getting banned for harassment for it. Ex, I've been called stuff when I enter a district, BUT that's only after I said something in /d (sometimes I've said hi to someone and a different guy goes and says something negative at me or some crap or did a match and the opp got salty.)

While I'm sure what you say the reasoning could happen, it's clearly a non issue the majority of times.

I think they honestly did the /who against streamsniping, it doesn't make sense otherwise, especially when some servers like Jericho only have 1 district for each threat...
Well learned a new word today;  That very well may be the bigger reason.
 Stream sniping is a contentious form of, essentially, cheating in multiplayer games with big livestream audiences. Stream snipers are those who watch a Twitch stream of a game while playing it themselves to get a read on where another player is so that they can go take them down.

one who is watching/following a streamer into a server or a game queue just to kill and taunt them

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:
Well learned a new word today;  That very well may be the bigger reason.
 Stream sniping is a contentious form of, essentially, cheating in multiplayer games with big livestream audiences. Stream snipers are those who watch a Twitch stream of a game while playing it themselves to get a read on where another player is so that they can go take them down.

one who is watching/following a streamer into a server or a game queue just to kill and taunt them

I've actually know a person who was in "voip/ts" who at the time we faced a certain guy, and he entered their twitch to watch and fight them at the same time and would call him and his team out in the voip, but i only know that it happened that once, but he didn't join the district to do so to the streamer, the guy had broadcasted his twitch before the match and he went onto it cause it was a guy he didn't like. But it was years ago, and I can't remember the name of who did it nor who it was against. Edited by Noob_Guardian

Okay, thanks for the insight. Now I know what's going on. Interface changes should be announced in a clearer fashion.