Leefekyn

Firework/Flare Launcher Suggestion

So as these stand,  they're pretty much perfectly balanced. After talking with a few friends we came to the conclusion that the only thing these guns could use would be an additional 2 shots in the ammo pool. Having a total of 6 shots feels like it justifies using it to fill the secondary slot a bit better, as taking a launcher over a pistol requires a very well rounded primary as well.

Also, I doubt anyone besides me would be too interested in this, but I feel like the stats should be boosted a bit closer to that of percussion grenades. I like the damage radius on the launchers, but would like to see the additional hard and stamina damage, as well as giving them the ability to complete a stun. 

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure there are a few varied opinions on this and would be interested in hearing them!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

So as these stand,  they're pretty much perfectly balanced. After talking with a few friends we came to the conclusion that the only thing these guns could use would be an additional 2 shots in the ammo pool. Having a total of 6 shots feels like it justifies using it to fill the secondary slot a bit better, as taking a launcher over a pistol requires a very well rounded primary as well.

Also, I doubt anyone besides me would be too interested in this, but I feel like the stats should be boosted a bit closer to that of percussion grenades. I like the damage radius on the launchers, but would like to see the additional hard and stamina damage, as well as giving them the ability to complete a stun. 

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure there are a few varied opinions on this and would be interested in hearing them!

flare guns already do pretty decent hard damage, altho its kind of a waste to use them for that

i feel the same way about stamina damage, altho i guess giving them the ability to stun is fine

i hesitate to touch the flare gun at all since its very well balanced atm - giving it more ammo is relatively minor but it does mean more chances to tag someone or more coverage of someone who is tagged, which is a really big advantage

There's nothing balanced about a wall hack. It shouldn't be in the game to begin with, but since it is, it should be time limited to 1 shot.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

I'm conflicted on this. Because weapon balance should not just be is the gun good and fun to play with, but is it fun to play against as well? I feel like the fireworks launcher does need a little bit of a kick to give some incentive to use it more as it is severely underused. However I think such a suggestion allows too much game knowledge/information to be available which makes it worse to play against.

8 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'm conflicted on this. Because weapon balance should not just be is the gun good and fun to play with, but is it fun to play against as well? I feel like the fireworks launcher does need a little bit of a kick to give some incentive to use it more as it is severely underused. However I think such a suggestion allows too much game knowledge/information to be available which makes it worse to play against.

Maybe cut back the radius of its spotter, or reduce length that it remains on the target?
6 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

There's nothing balanced about a wall hack. It shouldn't be in the game to begin with, but since it is, it should be time limited to 1 shot.

Spotter is far more broken in my opinion, as the target doesn't know they've been spotted, and I don't see a large number of people complaining about it. I feel like the launchers are fine because the exposure length isn't too bad, and typically you can try and break line of sight before they explode.

Spotter at least requires you to see the player, but it's still far from balanced. I'm against any mechanic that gives players pinpoint location information. The radar is bad enough but at least it requires the player to give away their position.

As someone who constantly uses the Flare and Firework (they have their own pros/cons and use cases even between each other), I would openly welcome buffs to them.

That being said, for the sake of game health it would probably be an absolutely terrible idea to make them meta viable.