MattScott

We don't often comment on suggestions...

Hi all,

We don't often comment on suggestions.
Sometimes they are just not feasible. Other times the suggestion is good, but the solution needs to be very different.
But we do read and evaluate where in our timeline we can address an issue (if its something we think needs addressing).

This is just a small note to let you know we see your comments.
I appreciate the time it takes for everyone to post here.
I can imagine how frustrating it must feel when there isn't any acknowledgment.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, MattScott said:

This is just a small note to let you know we see your comments.
I appreciate the time it takes for everyone to post here.
I can imagine how frustrating it must feel when there isn't any acknowledgment.

Thank you for saying this. Even with the new management I sometimes struggle to shake the feeling that this forum section gets less visibility from both sides of the game (leading to most "suggestions" being posted on the Social page). A friendly reminder goes a long way.
  • Like 2

its good that you took the time to address this issue. i know people think that with new management dealing with the game that means they can get straight to user suggestions.. which might be the case if a game where left in such good condition that content was all it needed. but APB has been lacking and running poorly in many fields that its understandable why suggestions might not fit in correctly with whats being worked on right now or other priorities.

but the acknowledgement that yous do read suggestions is enough for people to understand that their thoughts and ideas are being seen by devs. hopefully once the massive mess the game has been left in, is all cleared up. more content and additions either from the devs itself or suggestions on the forums can be put to priority in figuring out and implementing etc.

👍

always nice to have it said before we ask

this should prolly be pinned?

"We don't often comment on suggestions"

Why Not? It is my personal opinion (and probably good advice) that if you 'engage' with your community more, you can gain their respect. And the community is more likely to support your efforts - even when things aren't going so well. I came over here from the Fallen Earth forum to see why Fallen Earth is still a wasteland (pun intended) and to confirm that the attention is far away from the game I am [was] playing.

I whole heartedly 'suggest' that you pay a social media expert to handle interactions with your community on all platforms:
- Responding to community suggestions more often and where appropriate
- Handling announcements and diuscussions pertaining to updates and upcoming events/news
- Baiting people to join your FaceBook and Twitter accounts to get regular updates on the state of the game and its server status
- Offer free items or discounts when visitors follow your social media pages
- Community challenges for achievements or art work submissions (either on the social media pages or within the forums, or both)
- Community participation in new item development (submissions get community votes, or the community submits ideas/concepts)
- Any Developer logging into each game at least 2-3 times a week, demonstrating to players that the 'developers' are actively involved in the game
- Adding more community volunteers to monitor global chats, update wiki pages, and help new players find their way around

*These are only ideas that you may already be working on [Matt], but I wouldn't be over in this forum if it was being done well.

Social Media and personable interaction can really go a long way when you have a community that is waiting for the games to improve, but might otherwise leave if no changes are coming.
In short - Just make it more personal, people love that =P

Thanks Matt for reading my post (I think).

• Like 1