Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet

[Game] implement Projectile mechanics? after engine update

I believe the game would work well with projectile mechanics just like games implemented in pubg, fornite or battlefield series since APB maps are large scale rather than having an abstract concept such as hitscan.

It will make gunplay a lot harder in order to accommodate for a target's movements a player will typically have to lead their target (that is, aim ahead of the target's direction) in order to successfully make contact. In close quarters, the target will be close enough that velocity will not affect hit probability.

Pros:

New gun mechanic.

NHVR harder to use.

Bullets are server sided, the statistic of cheating can be easier to detect.

Unless we have REALLY REALLY GOOD netcode and REALLY REALLY GOOD servers that keep everyone at low latency, hard no to making this into planetside 2.

Wouldn't really work with the pacing and overall nature of APB. 

• Like 1

First off... Are you suggesting this mechanic be applied to all guns because if so then that's going to change all the gameplay and I think it would be too drastic of a change and the community overall would be up in arms. As @freq commented this would be changing the game paces and style in a way which would be interesting, but maybe not for the best.

To mix this mechanic with current game mechanics... It would have to be a select number of guns with projectiles and a select types of weapons getting them. The two styles of mechanics may just not work out for projectiles with the current game mechanics.

Saying all that, APB already has projectile physics of sorts with rockets and grenades. But on that note, APB in it's unoptimised format may not be able to handle too many projectile weapons... Fight club coming to mind primarily.

I don't think this is a bad idea, but it's a bit soon and would need some serious consideration about how it would be implemented.

Edited by VickyFox

I mean I'm okay either way, for or against this concept, but I personally think that this game does work better with the current system. I just find it hard to tell at range where your bullets are hitting unless you get a hit.

No thanks. APB is a unique game, with nothing like it anywhere else. If you want PUBG mechanics, maybe you should play PUBG instead.

• Like 1