Beastie

Weapon Balance OTW Tweaks - C/D Testing Values

4 hours ago, EagleWing said:

I'm wondering what makes legenday weapons "legendary" beside they have gold icon? Idk maybe I'm wrong but I think that these weapons from boxes are becoming worthless in APB. I think that LO is on the right path to make game better, but I hope that you will make these weapons a bit different and give it slight edge over contact ones.

No they need to get rid of the randomized chance loot boxes. having say a 1% chance to get the item you want, makes you want to roll the dice again and see if you get what you want. When the player ends up get duplicates of things they already have.
37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
49 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
They're "legendary" because they're legendary-tier loot. Have you never played an MMO before?
Nope. What do I look like, a fucking nerd?
Don't you ever get warned for your language? Seems you are able to say whatever, and you don't even get a warning in a PG-13 forum.

9 minutes ago, Kivron said:
 have. Don't you ever get warned for your language? Seems you are able to say whatever, and you don't even get a warning in a PG-13 forum.
We have a word filter for prohibited words.
Cant say the bad word for butt, it becomes patootie. But we can say fuck.
Dont ask me why.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
11 minutes ago, Kivron said:

Don't you ever get warned for your language? Seems you are able to say whatever, and you don't even get a warning in a PG-13 forum.

if they didnt fucking want us to say fuck maybe they should fucking censor it
Yes, maybe they missed it.
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
We have a word filter for prohibited words.
Cant say the bad word for butt, it becomes patootie. But we can say fuck.
Dont ask me why.

They probably, have missed some terms.

2 minutes ago, Kivron said:
Yes, maybe they missed it. They probably, have missed some terms.
I apologize if my colorful language offends you.
You should hear the guys I work with, would make you blush.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
I apologize if my colorful language offends you.
You should hear the guys I work with, would make you blush.
I have heard worse, I just felt it was off some people get warning for language and you didn't. No harm done. 🙂

Just now, Kivron said:
I have heard worse, I just felt it was off some people get warning for language and you didn't. No harm done. 🙂
Ahh, well get your fucks in while you can then. Maybe they did miss some words. I think you can say shit too.

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
8 minutes ago, Kivron said:
Ahh, well get your fucks in while you can then. Maybe they did miss some words. I think you can say shit too.
well damn ... so much for PG13 right?

4 minutes ago, Keshi said:

well damn ... so much for PG13 right?

XiHbN2A.gif

Hey I dont make the rules.
Im just here to bring a little wisdom mixed with some fun to the forums.

To anyone who sees this, feel free to DM me if Ive upset you. I will apologize.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

To anyone who sees this, feel free to DM me if Ive upset you.

furious typing

25 minutes ago, Kivron said:
Yes, maybe they missed it. They probably, have missed some terms.
Considering they just copy/pasted the existing filter, and then intentionally removed several terms from it, it's pretty obvious that they don't take issue with us using them. That being said, abusing them as is being done in recent posts here will likely see them filtered again...

13 hours ago, EagleWing said:

I'm wondering what makes legenday weapons "legendary" beside they have gold icon? Idk maybe I'm wrong but I think that these weapons from boxes are becoming worthless in APB. I think that LO is on the right path to make game better, but I hope that you will make these weapons a bit different and give it slight edge over contact ones.

They feature(d) unique mechanics, which are creeping into normal weapons as well, unfortunately.
Originally a weapon with damage-ramp-up (i.e. Volcano, DMR) wouldn't have existed on default guns. (I wish they'd go back to that.)
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Similarities said:
Huh? IR is very good on the N-SSW and Rabid, which are much closer to rifle-LMG hybrids than pure LMGs, but if you mean the ALIG and SHAW then yeah, rip IR because it's pretty garbage on those.
IR still has it's downside on the N-SSW and Rabid with the current max bloom increase. Not nearly as bad as cooling jacket, but still enough to make it not worth wild.

2 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
They feature(d) unique mechanics, which are creeping into normal weapons as well, unfortunately.
Originally a weapon with damage-ramp-up (i.e. Volcano, DMR) wouldn't have existed on default guns. (I wish they'd go back to that.)

I feel the original damage dropoff from beta was the most balanced damage system. Some of the weapons back then needed minor tweaks, but the damage drop-off felt natural and was easy to understand. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin