Sign in to follow this  
Starblaiz

Dear Little Orbit, with love from An Old Veteran

O hai APB community!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

It's been rather a long time since I posted here, and I would be somewhat surprised if any of you remember me, but I thought it was time to poke my head through the door and say "hello!" to you allย ๐Ÿ˜„

For those who don't know me, I first started playing APB waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2010, on the day Real Time Worlds (there's a name you probably haven't heard in a while!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย ) first launched the game. I fell in love from day 1, and I was heartbroken the day they shut the RTW servers down. I was there when G1 picked up the game, and was part of wave 2 of the G1 closed beta, and I remained a loyal player all the way up to 2013, when finally the lag, cheaters and G1's broken promises just got too much for me and I officially quit APB for good and uninstalled the game.

Since then, I've lurked in the shadows. A couple of times each year I would get curious and ask myself "...I wonder how APB is doing these days?" I would read up on the scant blog posts and read a few forum posts, only to be left heartbroken at how this wonderful game with so much potential was still having all the same issues that plagued it when I left, and how the community seemed to have shrunk to just a shell of what it once was.

You would think I would have learned my lesson, and just stopped checking in on this game all together to save myself that heartache, but I guess a little part of me just kept hoping to read some good news finally, and that maybe one day something would happen that might start this game on the long road to reaching its full and beautiful potential.

Today was another one of those days where I wondered how APB was doing. I hadn't checked since about Halloween of last year, so it's been a good long while. Honestly, I was fully expecting to be disappointed once again, and a part of me was even expecting that APB might have shut down for good by now.

So I was pleasantly surprised to read about Little Orbit (such a cute name for a company, btw!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š) taking things over, and to see all of the progress that seems to have suddenly exploded out of nowhere. The communication on the blogs and here on the forums from them seems to be excellent from what I can tell, which is a very positive step forward - please LO, don't stop doing that!ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I quit APB back in 2013, G1 had been promising an engine upgrade. I told people at the time that the six-month time frame they were promising was wildly optimistic (I'm a programmer myself - engine upgrades are no small task at the best of times!), and from what I can tell it still hasn't come about, at least not fully. I promised myself that I wouldn't play APB again until that engine upgrade happened, and the lag and the cheaters were dealt with properly and fairly. I'm still sticking to that, but from what I'm reading and observing, these Little Orbit peeps seem to have their heads screwed on right and are actually getting stuff done.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - Thank you, Little Orbitย ๐Ÿ’— You put a little bit of hope back into my heart today that maybe there is still a chance for this game to be all it CAN be! I'm still not logging back in JUST yet, but maybe when this Unreal 3.5 upgrade drops, you might just see the name Starblaiz stalking the streets of San Paro once again, and some of you may have the pleasure of finding out just how deadly I can be with an Obeya CR762ย ๐Ÿ˜˜ย ๐Ÿ’•

• Like 5

Some rather flowery writing in this post....

More on topic (if there is one? idek) - once a player, always a player.

Also, calling it now, Engine Upgrade earliest November or so.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Some rather flowery writing in this post....

More on topic (if there is one? idek) - once a player, always a player.

Also, calling it now, Engine Upgrade earliest November or so.

I'm gonna go with September for some reason. Not sure why. Probably on OTW first. I would prefer it to be never though. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I would prefer it to be never though.

Why? I doubt it's gonna be like the total mess that console players have to suffer with so.....

Just now, Nite said:
4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I would prefer it to be never though.

Why? I doubt it's gonna be like the total mess that console players have to suffer with so.....
There are a number of inadvertent gameplay changes that I do not agree with. As well as the obvious better graphics but worse aesthetics argument.

7 hours ago, Starblaiz said:

O hai APB community!ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

Welcome back.. This too was my story. Im back and playing right now and loving APB. The servers are running great, there are no cheaters and LO are steering the ship in the right direction. As a bonus as well, the forum is actually a reasonably pleasant place to be now. I got banned from the forum back in 2014 for letting my feeling be known about the state of APB but lurked around here (and occasionally installed, played, rage quited APB after being quickly rolled by cheaters) until my posting privs were reinstated by the good people of LittleOrbit.. You will not regret coming back to our glorious game. Edited by Seedy

original post removed so we'll do it the old fashioned way

post count boost

like this post if you cried

3 minutes ago, KNickz said:

like this post if you cried

lik this if u criย evertimย 
edit; 420 posts xDDDDDDDDDD Edited by Similarities

Sign in to follow this