Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Buff The Cobr-A

This gun could have been a good contender against the ntec, but now it got changed and ruined.

Way I see it, the high bloom and SLOOOOWW bloom recovery makes it difficult to land distant shots

It was meant to be the automatic version of the joker carbine and crossing over into two niches, semi-autos and normal assault rifles.

Unfortunately, buffing it too hard makes it TOO good in both of those areas.

As it is right now, it's a very tricky weapon to play with, the main thing to watch for is the bloom.

3 hours ago, Caesruul said:

It was meant to be the automatic version of the joker carbine and crossing over into two niches, semi-autos and normal assault rifles.

Unfortunately, buffing it too hard makes it TOO good in both of those areas.

As it is right now, it's a very tricky weapon to play with, the main thing to watch for is the bloom.

Except for the fact that the carbine is pretty much better in every way imaginable besides starting accuracy in marksmanship mode. Right now as is, the COBRA has the worst effective TTK at any range beyond 10 meters, and short range weapons or even an NTEC will wipe the floor with it within those 10 meters.

Honestly I'd be satisfied with it becoming a reskin of the Raptor 45 variants, but with 2 open mod slots instead of the suppressor. The hipfire would still be decent for up close, and you could also be effective at medium ranges.

9 minutes ago, notHunky said:

Except for the fact that the carbine is pretty much better in every way imaginable besides starting accuracy in marksmanship mode. Right now as is, the COBRA has the worst effective TTK at any range beyond 10 meters, and short range weapons or even an NTEC will wipe the floor with it within those 10 meters.

Honestly I'd be satisfied with it becoming a reskin of the Raptor 45 variants, but with 2 open mod slots instead of the suppressor. The hipfire would still be decent for up close, and you could also be effective at medium ranges.

No, turning a gun that people own and like into a reskin is never the solution, lol. Making the gun into a reskin is the absolute worst thing they could do.

Some upsides of the carbine include:

1. Around half the starting spread of the SR15 Carbine with comparable recoil per shot.
  2. Almost half the spread in MM.
  3. Accepts any red mod well, but most notable can take CJ3 with almost no downsides and bring it within 0.04s of the technical TTK of the SR15
  4. Around 10-15m more range, depending on how you count it.
  5. 170 overdamage as opposed to 80.

The one and only downside of the COBR-A

1. Its technical TTK is 0.10s higher than the SR15's if for some reason you aren't using CJ3, but the COBR-A was basically made to have CJ3, in which case it has only a 0.04s difference in technical TTK.

. . . and no, the NTEC does not wipe the floor with the COBR-A at 10m and below unless you REALLY suck with it.

TL;DR: Just because you aren't good with a gun doesn't mean its bad and should be replaced with [INSERT GUN HERE]. Here's a suggestion, how about you use [INSERT GUN HERE] instead if you like the way it performs so much?

I have no problem with them buffing the COBR-A, as long as it's a minor buff, but there's no reason to completely rework it or replace it.

I agree with you, before the "buff" I used to liike to use the COBR-A, but now it is almost useless, my money certainly went down the drain.

22 hours ago, Kewlin said:

No, turning a gun that people own and like into a reskin is never the solution, lol. Making the gun into a reskin is the absolute worst thing they could do.

Some upsides of the carbine include:

1. Around half the starting spread of the SR15 Carbine with comparable recoil per shot.
  2. Almost half the spread in MM.
  3. Accepts any red mod well, but most notable can take CJ3 with almost no downsides and bring it within 0.04s of the technical TTK of the SR15
  4. Around 10-15m more range, depending on how you count it.
  5. 170 overdamage as opposed to 80.

The one and only downside of the COBR-A

1. Its technical TTK is 0.10s higher than the SR15's if for some reason you aren't using CJ3, but the COBR-A was basically made to have CJ3, in which case it has only a 0.04s difference in technical TTK.

. . . and no, the NTEC does not wipe the floor with the COBR-A at 10m and below unless you REALLY suck with it.

TL;DR: Just because you aren't good with a gun doesn't mean its bad and should be replaced with [INSERT GUN HERE]. Here's a suggestion, how about you use [INSERT GUN HERE] instead if you like the way it performs so much?

I have no problem with them buffing the COBR-A, as long as it's a minor buff, but there's no reason to completely rework it or replace it.

Thanks for going out of your way just to say "git gud" and miss the point entirely.

You forgot about the horribly long bloom recovery time as well. This isn't a valid answer when nearly any other weapon in the game can fulfill its intended role better. Technical TTK doesn't really mean much when the bloom becomes the size of a dump truck after 3-4 shots and then takes nearly 0.5 seconds to go back down again. The Temptress or Huntress also has better starting accuracy than the SR15 and does the job way better than a COBRA, but I'm not trying to say the COBRA should be a huntress. I'm trying to say that it should fulfill its own niche while still being viable in some way.

Also I still payed money for the weapon expecting it to have better performance before it got nerfed for no reason. I like the model of the weapon and want it to work, but it doesn't come close to being effective as any other weapon which fulfills a similar role. I could deal with the weapon if the bloom didn't take forever to go back down.