Kominis

How to achieve "skill" again

So i played this game for a long time now, probably reaching 4000h, but recently i've become so bad at this game it's insane. Beggining of June i was pretty okay, i was strong gold, had a positive K/D each mission, but now i can't even keep my gold threat anymore. Each mission is just rage and hate for myself.

I jus't want to ask, has this ever happened to you ? and if you have any advice in what should i change to improve, or how to improve. 

• Like 2

1. Lay off game for a while, you might be tired of it - and contrary to popular belief, you only get better to certain point if you play long enough... after hitting that point you only become much worse over time (probably due being tired of that game).

2. Change something in gameplay - find some gun you find fun in using for example. And i don't mean easy gun... maybe it's other way around. Maybe you need some tricky gun to use.

3. Find some decent group - Lone wolfs always got it harder. Speaking from experince here.

4. Try different strategies - Sometimes all what is needed to defeat enemy is head. Heading directly might work on some but how about ambushing, flanking or trapping of enemy?

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2

when you get back into this game, it's hard to keep yourself from rushing in or to stop yourself from throwing yourself at objectives knowing you'll die.

Just don't let anything get to you and play defensively. A loss or a death doesn't really affect you negatively

2 minutes ago, Unclean said:

when you get back into this game, it's hard to keep yourself from rushing in or to stop yourself from throwing yourself at objectives knowing you'll die.

Just don't let anything get to you and play defensively. A loss or a death doesn't really affect you negatively

Also contrary to popular belief playing "decent" isn't bad.

Sometimes I miss people who would just play "decent". 😕 You know so I can defeat them...

Edited by Mitne

It has never happened to me, I have 2000 hours and I consider myself a very experienced player.

Try to use different guns, Snipers, shotguns, etc.

And analyze which is best for you. Then play one week only with that weapon.

i know this, one mission you have 17kills and 3 Deads next mission 4kills and 11 deads agains the same people, i think its becouse of the laggs, one mission you hit

almost all and next mission you hit nothing, then I have the problem with the mousspeed i have no idea why the mouse go at once from 800 dpi of 1800 dpi, after a restart it works like before.

I am happy when the servers are back to normal, then the game is constant again and you can play like 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I came back after a long break and now I find myself hovering between silver and gold.

Like any game, muscle memory is very important in this game, in the sense that some if not most reactions should be patternized. If you feel like you are lacking in this segment, you need to contemplate on each death and consider the factors that caused your death (Some situations of course, you simply can't avoid and as such not every death is necessarily your own fault. Since some areas need to be traversed and simply offer no cover and under certain angles or setups not even mobile cover can save you. Or as example, an npc car rolling into your final burst, saving the enemy you were about to down, allowing him or her to assist his teammate in taking you down, stuff like that.). Point is, look for the factors in the game you can influence, calculated risks you should or shouldnt take, and you will improve.

I agree with Mitney's statement about having gotten tired of the game as well, if this is the case, if loss annoys you too much and wins dont satisfy you enough anymore, then analyzing the game as you play will just add to that frustration most of the time, especially if you dont have much left to learn in the game.

Hooking up with other players/friends you know you enjoy playing with, and preferably also talking to should add to your experience.

I myself still have a lot to learn in this game which I enjoy the most in games, since APB really offers a challenge where strategizing, fast reaction times and momentual decision making are more important than raw aiming skills (Like being able to headshot in every situation).

Edited by Slickmund