Today I logged into the game, saw that I needed to disconnect a friend and saw the inscription "your account is not allowed to trade"
Why could this happen, and what should I do?

Trade locks are caused when you log in from a new IP, after a windows update or when you changed out parts in your PC since the last time you logged in. This usually only lasts for 3 days and aims to protect you from any sort of account theft.

It's because everyone in Little Orbit is incompetent. The trade lock is suppose to temporarily prevent trading on your account when it thinks you are logged in from a different location. Often it gets triggered for stupid reasons. For example, I get trade locked when Windows updates, and when connecting an external hard drive.

21 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It's because everyone in Little Orbit is incompetent. The trade lock is suppose to temporarily prevent trading on your account when it thinks you are logged in from a different location. Often it gets triggered for stupid reasons. For example, I get trade locked when Windows updates, and when connecting an external hard drive.

would you prefer to lose your legendary weapons instead?

44 minutes ago, eMazing_ said:

i would prefer if little orbit had a functioning 2fa system that prevented trade locks like they said they would 5 years ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eMazing_ said:

I'm logging in from the same PC, from the same physical location. There's enough data being sent to the login server to prove it's the same physical device. All this system does is frustrate the user. If anything, it will make a user ignore the temporary trade lock when someone else accesses the account, because they'll think it's yet another false positive.

Besides, rumor is you can trade the first time you login to the account from a different location. The trade lock kicks in after switching characters or logging out and in again. I haven't tested it, because who knows when it might decide to permanently trade lock my account. It's happened to other people.

20 hours ago, vsb said:

i would prefer if little orbit had a functioning 2fa system that prevented trade locks like they said they would 5 years ago

There is a functioning 2FA system, I'm easily able to use it. You set it up on your G1 account, outside of the game.

1 hour ago, magik said:

There is a functioning 2FA system, I'm easily able to use it. You set it up on your G1 account, outside of the game.

It requires google authenticator on a mobile phone. Not possible to use for the average player without buying a device. The more tech savvy can setup a android virtual machine.

On 2/15/2024 at 1:31 PM, Frosi said:

Trade locks are caused when you log in from a new IP, after a windows update or when you changed out parts in your PC since the last time you logged in. This usually only lasts for 3 days and aims to protect you from any sort of account theft.

so why do i get a trade lock when i decided to random log in after 3 months of not playing. my pc has not change ip none of that. im just checking on my account.

5 hours ago, magik said:

its like you didn't even read my post

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlatMan said:

It requires google authenticator on a mobile phone. Not possible to use for the average player without buying a device. The more tech savvy can setup a android virtual machine.

Most if not all 2FA require a 2nd device. That's quite literally the point of having a second 'factor' of authentication.

And you don't need Google Authenticator specifically, you can use another kind. My work requires Duo for our auth, which I can pair to GitHub and other logins that I need separate from my Active Directory creds.

6 hours ago, vsb said:

its like you didn't even read my post

I don't know about you, but since I've been using my 2fa, I've yet to have an issue with trade locks.