FinanciaI

so let's talk about the match making

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

Usually when I get put against lower level players in a 1vX or 2vX, I use a weapon I'm inexperienced with or learning how to use, that way we're both at a handicap, but I can run directly at them and still outgun them at times, regardless of weapon mods/character mods, I feel there needs to be a more harsh penalty for playing in the Silver disticts instead of the Gold disticts if they're not going to lock Golds to their own distict, people try to argue that "Golds shouldn't be locked to their own district because then they can't play with their Silver friends!" but I think Golds SHOULD be locked to their own district and lower ranks should be able to join higher up districts of their own volition.

I do the same. It happens rarely but if I get put up against opponents that are not supposed to play against a max rank gold, I'll try to give them a chance by using a gun I really can't play, or bust out an ALIG or something. Sometimes a Stabba, but it's something. 

The problem is you can't lock golds to their own district. Aside from the fact that there's not enough players to do this, it comes with its own flaws. The real solution to this mess is a bigger district, and better matchmaking. The reason you get matched against opponents who are clearly not on your level of skill mainly is because the system didn't find anyone closer to your skill. (Skill referring to threat and rank.)

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

Getting stomped in the server you belong in is definitely part of the reason people don't play, quote many of the people I brought back to the game who originally picked it up to try it out and then got stomped, also, how about all the people who quit because of the dethreaters who are basically doing the exact same thing, it's almost like we never hear about this issue on the forums! Oh, we do?! Who knew?! Performing well for 3 missions and then getting Gold out of the gate is so incredibly unlikely as a new player that it's actually a hilariously irrelevant point, if you legitimately think new players get Gold after 3 missions then you must not have helped someone who is new to the game recently.

I have never, ever seen anyone who has just picked up the game for the first time come out of the gate as a Gold. Period. I still watch "Golds" who have been around since CBT drop down to Silver, but yeah, you're right dude, this new guy who played vs Bronze & Silvers and probably doesn't even know how to move, cook nades, or shoot is going to come out of the gate as a Gold. You clearly suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I wholeheartedly agree with you though, I myself brought a few players into the game. And being the "smart" person I am I made an alt account to make sure we'd get decent matchmaking as my friends are bronze low-silver tier. (When they used to play). Aside from the fact dethreaters are actually a common thing, I did not become gold immediately after three missions, even with decent K/D/A's, and I'm a fairly decent player who demolished with the star. Things have definitely changed though, being gold after three missions was a very common thing, so I understand why he brought it up. Did they enjoy the game? They did, because we were playing for fun, and that's a pretty hard thing to do with all the current issues.

Edited by Spherii

Matchmaking is great atm. No need to fix it. :^) they should focus on important stuff first. Like new joker boxes. G1 fid a great job.

When i get something like this, 

I go stabba or use PISTOL only.... And you know what? I use HITCH HIKER ONLY.... (and i cant use it for shizz)

5 hours ago, Spherii said:

I did not become gold immediately after three missions, even with decent K/D/A's, and I'm a fairly decent player who demolished with the star. Things have definitely changed though, being gold after three missions was a very common thing

Nothing has changed. In order to go directly from T to gold, you need those first matches to be against high rank / threat opp. So if you get bronze opp, you probably wont go straight gold no matter how well you do, buy if you destroy say gold opp, you will. (speaking from experience) 

I'd rather see the lag switch squad be put on a state of never start a mission until you sort your fucking internet out. But for some reason this game rewards this by letting them torment silvers.

Trash/10