Sign in to follow this  
Regenance

AMD processors

Does these CPUs have issues with the game currently? because I have seen APB is based on CPU and a little bit on GPU (because I see the better CPU you've the better your performance is.) so probably about this, any fix for the AMD? (currently have AMD Ryzen 7 1700X)... overclocking will give any help?

Ryzen one of latest CPU you don't need to OC it. (or maybe you need OC coz sold ya a crap) on top that APB:R is quiet old game it's ez to run on Ivy bridge April 2012  22nm

if you have issue to game crash, gimme your log files, so I can look at it, what actually going on. 

People chasing to game coz have newest CPU but forgot about -> new -> green -> buggy.

*** one of first multi cores CPU - AMD launched and Intel, some reason only AMD CPU had issue to games, fix was removing -1-2-3-4+ Threads:Affinity and left only one. next 6-8moths came a fix. GL.

Edited by Dahel

Intel CPUs used to have a higher IPC along with way better Single Core Performance. APB is heavily relying on one single Thread which is why a CPU with better Single Core Performance obviously does the trick in getting better Performance. Especially when overclocking this kicks in. However your Ryzen is on an Eye-to-Eye level with most Intel Single Core Performances and you shouldn't have a lot worse performance than anyone with an Intel CPU has. If your cooling Solution allows you to, overclocking always is a nice option to get a bit of extra performance out of your machine. But be aware that you may void your warranty when overclocking. Also give it a few hours and do some research before overclocking.

8 hours ago, Itazura said:

Intel CPUs used to have a higher IPC along with way better Single Core Performance. APB is heavily relying on one single Thread which is why a CPU with better Single Core Performance obviously does the trick in getting better Performance. Especially when overclocking this kicks in. However your Ryzen is on an Eye-to-Eye level with most Intel Single Core Performances and you shouldn't have a lot worse performance than anyone with an Intel CPU has. If your cooling Solution allows you to, overclocking always is a nice option to get a bit of extra performance out of your machine. But be aware that you may void your warranty when overclocking. Also give it a few hours and do some research before overclocking.

Did you just say APB runs on one single thread? O.o

On 6/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, Regenance said:

Does these CPUs have issues with the game currently? because I have seen APB is based on CPU and a little bit on GPU (because I see the better CPU you've the better your performance is.) so probably about this, any fix for the AMD? (currently have AMD Ryzen 7 1700X)... overclocking will give any help?

It honestly doesn't matter what CPU you have. I have the latest and greatest currently because my last pc was several decades old. I work at Intel so I bought all Intel products and my last computer was all Intel products mostly. I went from an i7 2nd generation to i7 8th generation. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. The only thing that works to get you a smooth frame rate with no mini freezes and no split-second frame freezes is put your settings to minimum and turn your resolution down to the lowest you can while still holding the aspect ratio of your screen. If I turn my shit up to the maximum you get these weird freezes that like doesn't look like a freeze but its like as if the game skips a frame from time to time and it throws me off so bad and I cant play. If that's what the issue your having is fix is right there. We're gonna have to live with what we have for now till the 3.5 update.

The GPU workload is processed as a single thread and the game engine is also on a single thread.

Coupled with DX9 and a very inefficient physics processing engine, also single threaded, APB is not optimised for multi-threading / multi-core CPUs.

IPC is the only way to counter the inefficient design and when you consider older processors from Intel vs newer AMDs there is a reason why AMD are still behind.

This indicates lower single core performance on the AMD CPUs so for higher frame rates (more stable frame rates) Intel would currently be the prefered choice.