Sign in to follow this  
FinanciaI

last post

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

Again you fail to account for the fact that we Do Not Know why OP was banned, nor do we know why whom ever OP chooses to shame was banned. How is this post trying to bring awareness? It is more of a rant from someone who has been ranting for 9 hours about the bans.

It was not a comparison. It is a basic fact of existence that you get punished for doing wrong and that typically parents teach children that fact.

Well your talking to someone who used to play with "them" and knows the full reason why "they" were banned. ( Not going to be naming names, but they've already been said ). By the way, I do want to say that I have no intentions of arguing if I come off like that. I just see it as having a conversation in the sense of conversational topics. Sorry if I come off that way. I can't provide proof and evidence as it obviously goes towards the T.O.S and rules. I can only put my opinion on this topic and provide facts, but without breaking the rules or T.O.S. ._.

Also, I was only saying that your comparison between punishment and parents teaching is really not needed. This is a game, not a parent and a child type of situation.

Edited by ThatOneCripGirl

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Again you fail to account for the fact that we Do Not Know why OP was banned, nor do we know why whom ever OP chooses to shame was banned.

You seem to be taking advantage of the ToS just to make an argument. There's obviously proof.

8 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

How is this post trying to bring awareness?

You've answered your own question, it's in the first post. 

• Like 1

rip big homie financial, spazziest designer on na east

Just now, ThatOneCripGirl said:

Well your talking to someone who used to play with "them" and knows the full reason why "they" were banned. ( Not going to be naming names, but they've already been said ). By the way, I do want to say that I have no intentions of arguing if I come off like that. I just see it as having a conversation in the sense of conversational topics. Sorry if I come off that way. I can't provide proof and evidence as it obviously goes towards the T.O.S and rules. I can only put my opinion on this topic and provide facts, but without breaking the rules or T.O.S. ._.

No no you come off perfectly fine, if OP posted with your style I do believe they would have gotten a far better response.

The real issue is always that we will never with 100% certainty know why anyone was banned. Even LO will never know that truthfully.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

rip big homie financial, spazziest designer on na east

I like to refresh forums to look at your tv head pics, I actually have a tv head drawing I made years ago in highschool

Big daddy Matt is watching! Act Cool everyone!

So how you doing? Cool cool me too.

little orbit squad about to pull up on my boi financial

bye ! , see you in a month !

I was banned  To see a bunch of willing cheaters with their accounts back and to still be banned is a slap in the face tbh. On top of that the person who was banned with me is now unbanned. (Completely unfair) Its a slippery slope to start unbanning people. And to unban some people who violated the TOS (cheaters none the less) and not others is so bullshoot. Little orbit you made a lot of your player base pretty pissed off

PLUS THE SERVERS LAGGING HOLY CHRIST ON A BIKE

5 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Little orbit you made a lot of your player base pretty pissed off

Only thing in regard to the bans that irked me was that they did the mass unbans. Their choice of course and they have their reasons.

Dear OP,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with support.
It would be improper for me to post details here, but I am happy to walk through our decision not to remove your ban over private message on the forums.

For everyone else in this thread, I want to acknowledge a couple things:

- Unbanning players is meant as a correction not a 2nd chance

- We originally unbanned all players banned through FairFight under the category of "cheater"

- This was because we know some of those players were banned improperly

- After the first wave, we found multiple other categories of bans, some of which were also FairFight bans, contained subjective justification, or had no documentation at all

- This 2nd wave of unbans was meant to try and catch anyone else that we felt were banned improperly

- If you still feel you deserve to be unbanned, you are welcome to contact support, and we'll investigate your situation

But I want to caution anyone who approaches us with "well, he got unbanned, so I deserve an unban too".

We didn't set out to give people 2nd chances. We set out to correct unfair bans.

To be clear - I realize in solving one problem, we have created another. We now have a lot of old players who knowingly and blatantly violated the TOS. We did our best to be selective, but there are millions of APB accounts, and it was impossible to review them all individually.

Each of the unbanned accounts now has a choice: They can decide if they are going to enjoy the game and follow the TOS, or if they are going to get banned again.

My team is committed to making APB fun and safe to play.

I'm going to lock this thread.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4