Nuuvii

Are they planning on bringing back threat segregation?

I havent played for a long time, today i have decided to try out some missions under the new district system and its a BIG mess. Ofc its awesome for gold players who are on the top farming weapon role kills from the silvers but other then that, its kinda ridiculous. Got teamed up with green players who has been playing for like few days againts full gold maxed out team and the greens was getting like 0/12.....
if i were them, i would uninstall this game immediately without a second thought.

My suggestion is, turn it all off, the whole server, turn it off and bring it back on when its ready because i BET it doesent generate any revenue and keeping it in this state is worsening everything beyond repair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ysaline said:

I havent played for a long time, today i have decided to try out some missions under the new district system and its a BIG mess. Ofc its awesome for gold players who are on the top farming weapon role kills from the silvers but other then that, its kinda ridiculous. Got teamed up with green players who has been playing for like few days againts full gold maxed out team and the greens was getting like 0/12.....
if i were them, i would uninstall this game immediately without a second thought.

My suggestion is, turn it all off, the whole server, turn it off and bring it back on when its ready because i BET it doesent generate any revenue and keeping it in this state is worsening everything beyond repair.

shutdown apb put fallen earth back online

simple as that

12 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Another suggestion:Make game mode for the big districts like 50 vs 50 or free for all - where players can get exp,JT and money for every killed enemy.The enemy drops the stuff or you auto get it and you have to drop what u have to ur npc for example.No mission,no drama,no bad matchmaking.U play longer u want without pressure without extra sht.U just choose the contact u want to progress,pledge and play..

This game population not gonna hold till the engine upgrade release with this matchmaking.Aint gonna be this year thats for sure.We need something good and fresh soon(like right now)

APB used to have this mode once.....i think
50 vs 50, i think it would make more sense now, the newbies at least could finish somebody off in the heat of battle.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:29 PM, Nuuvii said:

I assume most players are using comms and are grouped up or something.

That's kind of the point of team based multiplayer games.

Since APB is fairly old-school in this regard, too, it is almost mandatory.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:09 AM, MonkaS said:

consistently no.

You can learn to play an instrument and stay in rhythm while performing complex melodies.

Tapping a mouse-button is child's play in comparison.

What your client sees and what actually happens are two different things, anyway. So if you think someone "shoots faster than the weapon can" (which is mechanically impossible) or "always perfectly times their shots" it is, more often than not, your perception and your client's presentation playing tricks on you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

That's kind of the point of team based multiplayer games.

Since APB is fairly old-school in this regard, too, it is almost mandatory.

You can learn to play an instrument and stay in rhythm while performing complex melodies.

Tapping a mouse-button is child's play in comparison.

What your client sees and what actually happens are two different things, anyway. So if you think someone "shoots faster than the weapon can" (which is mechanically impossible) or "always perfectly times their shots" it is, more often than not, your perception and your client's presentation playing tricks on you.

yes it would be very easy to click in rhythm if the game actually ran at a consistent frame rate and didn't have trash servers. However you don't actually need to click in rhythm if its a program you can just have it click every game tick and the client/server will just ignore all the invalid clicks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

However you don't actually need to click in rhythm if its a program you can just have it click every game tick and the client/server will just ignore all the invalid clicks.

Game-tick as in what your client does? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, a macro will talk to the server through your client. If that doesn't run smooth, neither will the bot.

And since the gun you're using has a defined rate of fire, you would want the bot to hit that ROF rather than send a trigger-pull every tick. Otherwise you'll run out of sync and miss every couple trigger-pulls (e.g. every 5th one for the N-Tec 5, if your client runs at 60 fps and your server at 30).

If I fire as fast as I can ingame, the gun will not fire smoothly either, because I'll inadvertently pull the trigger before the gun will be ready to fire again, which makes me miss one shot until the next game-tick.

22 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Game-tick as in what your client does? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, a macro will talk to the server through your client. If that doesn't run smooth, neither will the bot.

And since the gun you're using has a defined rate of fire, you would want the bot to hit that ROF rather than send a trigger-pull every tick. Otherwise you'll run out of sync and miss every couple trigger-pulls (e.g. every 5th one for the N-Tec 5, if your client runs at 60 fps and your server at 30).

If I fire as fast as I can ingame, the gun will not fire smoothly either, because I'll inadvertently pull the trigger before the gun will be ready to fire again, which makes me miss one shot until the next game-tick.

While you might think that its not how it actually works in practice lag compensation and just latency make it so the server allows for some discrepancy between client and server. Its how teleporting/speed hacking works is still achievable even with checks in place.

• Like 1

Hey APB we have a problem with hens escaping the hen house and getting eaten by wolves, can you fix this ?

APB : Yes we can put the wolves in the hen house with the hens, that will stop them escaping.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Hey APB we have a problem with hens escaping the hen house and getting eaten by wolves, can you fix this ?

APB : Yes we can put the wolves in the hen house with the hens, that will stop them escaping.....

Good comment. I am the hen who was thrown from time to time out of the bronze chicken coop into the silver forest to the wolves. I, like a chicken with ten years of experience, demand that my cozy chicken coop be returned to me. Let the wolves gnaw each other, they like it. Administration, please cut the rope between the sinking Jericho and the leaking Citadel. I am begging you!