Sign in to follow this  
ripLO

milked to completion

Start off by announcing to the player base you're gonna unban all accounts - hope no one reads to deep into the fact you're unbanning ALL CHEATERS, TROLLS, HARRASSMENT CASES, DOXING CASES, PERSONALLY BANNED ACCOUNTS FROM TIGGS/GMS REGARDING REAL LIFE HARASSMENT, CYBER BULLYING BANNED ACCOUNTS... BUT ITS OKAY GUYS WE GET TO PLAY GRIND THE GAME AGAIN.

Are people really okay with this or are they just deleting every trace of people actually using their brains on the forum and questioning this nonsense?

What happened to less than 1% of the playerbase actually use the forums? pathetic echo chamber

Ummm... they never said "all" accounts. 

Also, and Im honestly asking, what is the point you are trying to make?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ummm... they never said "all" accounts. 

Yeah, n1 dude im sure people that didnt pay or charged back makes ur sentence valid. n1 man top quality post dude, TOP QUALITY MAN , APPROVED +1

• Like 1

To be fair....tiggs personally unbanned more people who had originally been banned for serious harassment issues than Little Orbit's unban wave prolly ever will.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How high is your blood pressure right now?

calm as can be scarface

wow crazy its almost like people have different opinions on whats okay and what isnt

Just now, ripLO said:

calm as can be scarface

Does not seem like it there bud.

New company, new rules. For some this can be a second chance, or not. Time will tell.

Just now, TheOppositePolarBear said:

you're asking him? i just went to look for a medic directly

KRDk1K6.jpg

Stop.

People are getting a second chance. It's good for the population and takes pressure off LO, who've just taken the game over, since it removes a lot of the backlog of existing support tickets.

Yeah, you're going to get a bunch of bad eggs showing their faces again, but overall I've played every day since they've brought the game back to life and, for APB at least, the population seems pretty positive. It's always been a cesspit but I've had a surprising amount of pleasant talks with people. Consider it a test of LO to see how well they handle some of the worst elements of the game being brought back, but otherwise - in my experience at least - it's been pretty successful.

6 minutes ago, ripLO said:

Yeah, n1 dude im sure people that didnt pay or charged back makes ur sentence valid. n1 man top quality post dude, TOP QUALITY MAN , APPROVED +1

Please stop yelling. 

You are scaring the children. 

But to your point, no, not all accounts are being unbanned. 

I remember that time some1 was calling my family and house and ddos'ing me and harassing my RL friends/family in a legit attempt to ruin my life...

and then Tiggs personally unbanned them cause...lul whatevs! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No hard feelings, btw.

Honestly I'd rather have a mass unbanning wave that might include falsely banned ppl, over Tiggs's personally unbanning the bane of the community on purpose.

Edited by iodyne_
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iodyne_ said:

I remember that time some1 was calling my family and house and ddos'ing me and harassing my RL friends/family...

Yes cause that is an issue Tiggs should deal with..................

?????

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

People are getting a second chance. It's good for the population and takes pressure off LO, who've just taken the game over, since it removes a lot of the backlog of existing support tickets.

Yeah, you're going to get a bunch of bad eggs showing their faces again, but overall I've played every day since they've brought the game back to life and, for APB at least, the population seems pretty positive. It's always been a cesspit but I've had a surprising amount of pleasant talks with people. Consider it a test of LO to see how well they handle some of the worst elements of the game being brought back, but otherwise - in my experience at least - it's been pretty successful.

I'm sure hiding the ban broadcasts, claiming that battleeye already doesnt work, and no name and shame policy fits right in with giving them a "Second chance". IT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO REROLL DUDE, NONE OF THESE PEOPEL CARE ABOUT THEIR ACCOUNTS MAN

8 minutes ago, iodyne_ said:

To be fair....tiggs personally unbanned more people who had originally been banned for serious harassment issues than Little Orbit's unban wave prolly ever will.

Isnt LO planning to unban more than 17,000 accounts though?

Tiggs must have been super busy. 

Now I feel bad for criticizing her so much.

1 minute ago, ripLO said:

NONE OF THESE PEOPEL CARE ABOUT THEIR ACCOUNTS MAN

If they dont, why do you?

Just food for thought.

• Like 1

I'm sure hiding the ban broadcasts, claiming that battleeye already doesnt work, and no name and shame policy fits right in with giving them a "Second chance". IT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO REROLL DUDE, NONE OF THESE PEOPEL CARE ABOUT THEIR ACCOUNTS MAN

i care

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i care

this guy has been banned like 10+ times can just tell...get off teh game man, u already have like prolly 5 max rank characters and you want ur old shit back, fuck off man

this guy has been banned like 10+ times can just tell...get off teh game man, u already have like prolly 5 max rank characters and you want ur old shit back, fuck off man

pretty good guess tbh

yeah its nice having my old stuff back, especially now that i dont have to worry about losing it again

In that case, how does this make a difference? Even if they didn't mass unban people, hackers would, and did, reroll. There was a no name and shame policy in place on the old forums because all it does is encourage witch-hunting and leads to people being placed under unfair suspicion through hearsay (Hackers should be reported through support, where something can actually be done about them and be processed without the chaff of a thousand posts) and if anything, ban broadcasting actually ENCOURAGES people to hack because it gives them validation and infamy.

There was a lot of subjective banning in recent history and a fair amount of it was deemed unfair. Being a new company taking over APB after it was manned by a skeleton crew for the last 4 years means a lot of baggage comes with it, and removing some of that baggage makes it easier for them to move forward. If you ran the company, would you leave all the bans intact and just tell your staff to ignore the gigantic backlog of tickets? Would it help?

ripLO you made an account named ripLO, to complain about this anonymously why? are you mad you didn't get unbanned this time around? so you're gonna say the whole thing is dumb? who are you even?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

pretty good guess tbh

yeah its nice having my old stuff back, especially now that i dont have to worry about losing it again

I WONDER IF ITS BECAUSE THEY AINT BANNING ANYONE YET  smfh