PlayBad

How to use the Corsair properly?

I got a Corsair and I lost each CQC encounter in matches.

I could only frag the enemies when they didn't notice I was attacking on their back.

I picked the Reflect Sight 3 and Tagger, I was able to land a shot with a red crosshair sticker on my screen when I was sprinting.

(I got the stats of Corsiar from APBDB that the Sprint Modifier is 1, which means I could land a shot when sprinting.)

Which modification should I pick ?

Which playstyle/tactics should I learn ?

I know there is the limits of drop off range at 30m,

If anyone used it well, he would be the best guy who passed the Corsair challenge.

Expected result.

The Corsair is a slightly stronger NL9 but uses lethal-ammunition. It requires 1.2 seconds to kill AT PERFECT EXECUTION.. Most average meta weapons would almost have killed you twice by then as they require ~0.7 seconds to kill.. If you miss a single shot, that will push the time to kill up to a staggering 1.8 seconds.. which is slower than a stock N-HVR sniper (1.75s).

You must exercise tactics in your play as the weapon doesn't excel at anything remarkable. Start with a Concussion Grenade then chop the remaining health away as it deals 40% damage per shot.

Too bad that with the latest nerf to N-HVR damage, the Corsair lost its ability to complement and assist/steal kills up to 100m.. So an indirect-nerf to the Corsair is now effective. Your best bet is to hold corners or start with a Concussion Grenade. Else, don't bother with this weapon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LilyRain said:

Expected result.

The Corsair is a slightly stronger NL9 but uses lethal-ammunition. It requires 1.2 seconds to kill AT PERFECT EXECUTION.. Most average meta weapons would almost have killed you twice by then as they require ~0.7 seconds to kill.. If you miss a single shot, that will push the time to kill up to a staggering 1.8 seconds.. which is slower than a stock N-HVR sniper (1.75s).

You must exercise tactics in your play as the weapon doesn't excel at anything remarkable. Start with a Concussion Grenade then chop the remaining health away as it deals 40% damage per shot.

Too bad that with the latest nerf to N-HVR damage, the Corsair lost its ability to complement and assist/steal kills up to 100m.. So an indirect-nerf to the Corsair is now effective. Your best bet is to hold corners or start with a Concussion Grenade. Else, don't bother with this weapon.

Also try using frag nades and keep ruuuunniiing while shooting just not to get killed by smg

reflex sight 3 tightens the hip-fire crosshair when moving so you might want to remove that.

Put Extended magazine 3 and High-Magnification Scope on it and you are good to go

Edited by OCrazyGuyO

abuse corners and cover even more than usual

unfortunately no matter how well you play the corsair its high ttk will always be a significant handicap

also keep in mind while the effective range is 30m, due to a forgiving min damage value the corsair still chunks off 180 hp damage per shot up to 100m

I learned a lot from posts above.

then LO should buff the range and minimal damage to 200+ to make this gun playable.