Jump to content
Todesklinge

Unreal Engine 3,5 -> Unreal Engine 4 -> Unreal Engine 5

Recommended Posts

Matts prolly not even gonna live long enough to see apb in Ue5 lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, claude said:

Rockstar makes their games more pay to win than most free to play games, with a $60 pricetag.

I'm curious what sort of mental gymnastics were applied to come to this conclusion?

Shark cards? Incredibly bad deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Luminesca said:

...

Shark cards? Incredibly bad deal.

But this makes Rockstar rich!

Thats a very clever plan.

 

Whats about in APB, there is to less Stuff to buy for cash.

You need some account wide weapons from ARMAS and some cosmetics and you have all what you need.

How much profit makes APB?

Edited by Todesklinge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Todesklinge said:

But this makes Rockstar rich!

Thats a very clever plan.

 

Whats about in APB, there is to less Stuff to buy for cash.

You need some account wide weapons from ARMAS and some cosmetics and you have all what you need.

How much profit makes APB?

Do you even know what's avaiable through Armas? I don't think so.

You can now spend tons of money, if you have them.

 

1. In the last updates LO made possible to get 100 JT's per each JMB.

2. Do 2+2.

3. Want crown? Buy 300 JMB's and you will get 30k JT's. (300+ dollars)

4. Take these 30k JT's, join Social District Breakwater Marina 1 or 2.

5. Go inside Joker Store Distribution.

6. Unlock the Crown.

 

In addition to that, you can buy those "unique" things that aren't inside Armas.

1. FAR Vanguard JT1/JT3

2. Raptor 45 Hawk PR/JT1 PR1

3. STAR 556 LCR PR1

4. Golden Osmaw JT3

5. AMG-556 Stheno JT1/JT2

6. ACT 44 Last Stand PR1

7. Colby Classic

8. Joker C9S EX-III JT2 PR1

9. Golden N-HVR 762-SD Dvah JT2 PR1

10. Vegas 4x4 Firebomb

11. Some outfits bundles

12. Varzuga Rally XS Newbie

and more...

 

So.. im not going to do the results, but there you could spend at least 700/800 dollars just to get these things.

In addition to that, remember you have all cosmetics for character only, so every single character you make you need to rebuy them through Armas.

 

If you really want everything and you are saying there isn't enough stuff to spend money in, that means you don't know about these things.

LO is going even more crazy and wild about Joker Store in the future, so be sure to save a bit of them before becoming too poor x).

They gonna add more stuff, also on Armas.

 

In anyway there are other paid ways to get stuff, but my brain now is alredy too much busy doing other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Luminesca said:

I'm curious what sort of mental gymnastics were applied to come to this conclusion?

Shark cards? Incredibly bad deal.

content updates locked behind multi-million dollar paywalls, takes hours and hours to farm enough cash just to be able to afford a fraction of this content, or you could just buy shark cards and skip all the garbage gameplay

 

people usually defend this by saying "hey just hit up a cheater and they'll just spawn you a shit ton of money" which is cringe because you're pretty much resorting to cheating just to be able to enjoy new content that you'd have to spend hours and hours grinding the same "efficient" missions for. also find it funny that Rockstar only hands out temp bans to people who spawnkill you with campfires on top of you the moment you respawn, making the game completely unplayable, while only permabanning cheaters who spawn money for their friends.

 

game literally has a fucking casino in it. having MTX in a $60 game is already stupid, idk why people let rockstar have p2w mtx in gta 5.  rockstar aint what they used to be, its a shame.

Edited by claude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 8:58 PM, claude said:

content updates locked behind multi-million dollar paywalls, takes hours and hours to farm enough cash just to be able to afford a fraction of this content, or you could just buy shark cards and skip all the garbage gameplay

 

people usually defend this by saying "hey just hit up a cheater and they'll just spawn you a shit ton of money" which is cringe because you're pretty much resorting to cheating just to be able to enjoy new content that you'd have to spend hours and hours grinding the same "efficient" missions for. also find it funny that Rockstar only hands out temp bans to people who spawnkill you with campfires on top of you the moment you respawn, making the game completely unplayable, while only permabanning cheaters who spawn money for their friends.

 

game literally has a fucking casino in it. having MTX in a $60 game is already stupid, idk why people let rockstar have p2w mtx in gta 5.  rockstar aint what they used to be, its a shame.

You know p2w means pay to win right? Time spent does not equal spending money to enjoy FREE content. 

Your point is moot. You can spend money to get ahead or you can just do the same things investing time to grind money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luminesca said:

You know p2w means pay to win right? Time spent does not equal spending money to enjoy FREE content. 

Your point is moot. You can spend money to get ahead or you can just do the same things investing time to grind money. 

every patch, they release some stupid OP garbage that you can slam $5mil on, and have a direct advantage over everyone else.

 

if you really think pay to progress and pay to win are two completely different things, in a game where progress provides a *direct* advantage over other players, your point is moot.

 

you paid $60 for that "free" content. you shouldn't feel the need to cheat or grind boring content over and over again just to enjoy that same content people are paying money to obtain much faster than you ever could by grinding in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, claude said:

every patch, they release some stupid OP garbage that you can slam $5mil on, and have a direct advantage over everyone else.

 

if you really think pay to progress and pay to win are two completely different things, in a game where progress provides a *direct* advantage over other players, your point is moot.

 

you paid $60 for that "free" content. you shouldn't feel the need to cheat or grind boring content over and over again just to enjoy that same content people are paying money to obtain much faster than you ever could by grinding in-game.

besides the orbital cannon (while it was bugged so it was free) or the oppressor mk2 I don't think there's anything to give you "direct" advantage. both can be obtained with week tops. 

Edited by Luminesca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Luminesca said:

besides the orbital cannon (while it was bugged so it was free) or the oppressor mk2 I don't think there's anything to give you "direct" advantage. both can be obtained with week tops. 

right, which is pay to progress, which is also pay to win, because that progress links to content that is significantly better than previous content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, claude said:

right, which is pay to progress, which is also pay to win, because that progress links to content that is significantly better than previous content.

Then same logic can be applied here. G1 releases tommy in armas and after a while makes it obtainable from contact. Years later they release manic which is like upgraded tommy and after a while make it obtainable for JT. 6-10k JT which is 2 months of work minimum? Is APB pay to win? Or just pay to get shit you want faster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Then same logic can be applied here. G1 releases tommy in armas and after a while makes it obtainable from contact. Years later they release manic which is like upgraded tommy and after a while make it obtainable for JT. 6-10k JT which is 2 months of work minimum? Is APB pay to win? Or just pay to get shit you want faster? 

sorta irrelevant because there are other free weapons that outclass the manic, so it wouldn't be pay to win, it would just be paying for an unlock. pretty big difference between buying an annoying SMG on APB and owning with it, and blowing kids up with some cringe gadget u paid $50 worth of shark cards for on GTA.

 

also, apb = f2p

gta 5 = $60

Edited by claude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 4:16 AM, claude said:

sorta irrelevant because there are other free weapons that outclass the manic, so it wouldn't be pay to win, it would just be paying for an unlock. pretty big difference between buying an annoying SMG on APB and owning with it, and blowing kids up with some cringe gadget u paid $50 worth of shark cards for on GTA.

 

also, apb = f2p

gta 5 = $60

did you miss epic store sale where gta 5 was free for a week and you could get like 5 copies? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luminesca said:

did you miss epic store sale where gta 5 was free for a week and you could get like 5 copies? 

justifying all of GTA 5s monetization and progression flaws on a sale held 7 years after the games release... so that players can come in, and get destroyed by players with several years of character progression under their belt... making the player resort to shark card purchases to compete?

 

or or or... grab a few copies of gta 5 so you can cheat to boost your main account, so you don't HAVE to grind hours and hours of the same tired content, to get some cringe OP trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...