Sign in to follow this  
Iazer

Engine Upgrade PC Specs

After reading the engine upgrade thread, I have noticed that for the AMD systems the clock speeds and were not listed and the Intel based systems only had the base clock listed. It would be nice if they could be formatted slightly differently.

Example for Intel:

(CPU + Clock Speed w/ Game Running) - (RAM Amount + Speed) - (GPU) - FPS Data - Player Count

Example for AMD:

(CPU + Clock Speed w/ Game Running + Infinity Fabric Speed) - (RAM Amount + Speed) - (GPU) - FPS Data - Player Count

Whilst I know getting all this information can make the post longer and seem a bit unnecessary I have been playing around with @KyoukiDotExe on how the infinity fabric clock effects APB and how much of boost that can give performance wise. Similarly for Intel where just having a higher clock speed across the board will give APB the single core performance that it desires to run well.

• Like 2

could you and kyouki post your results would be interesting to see your findings as well

i have noticed that this testing will continue 200 more years..thats what i noticed

= )

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

Based on the speeds on the intel systems I would also guess that they listed base speeds with a few exceptions

Edited by Boxo

It's very likely that only Intel users have messed with overclocking and maybe the 3950x users, but I do agree that they should show RAM speed. It's as crucial as the GPU and CPU, especially in a CPU intensive title like APB is.
Also, I really don't think messing with infinity fabric will yield any performance benefits. UE games just like raw clock speed and RAM.

1 minute ago, 悲しい春 said:

Also, I really don't think messing with infinity fabric will yield any performance benefits. UE games just like raw clock speed and RAM.

you say that, however there is actually quite some performance, both single and multi-core, to be gained from upping the clocks on the infinity fabric for AMD CPUs 

2 minutes ago, Iazer said:

you say that, however there is actually quite some performance, both single and multi-core, to be gained from upping the clocks on the infinity fabric for AMD CPUs 

Even more singlecore(thread) performance does benefit a lot on the AMD Ryzen 3000 series for the CPU sensitiveness APB game.

You've witnessed this yourself going from iirc: 2400 mhz to 3200mhz. (infinity fabric clock of 1600)

Sign in to follow this