Sign in to follow this  
SacOfRice

body customization complexity limit max or unlimited

I think a lot of players spend a lot of time on their characters by creating symbols, tattoos, etc. I feel like there shouldn't be a limit on how complex our characters can get. It should be extended by a lot or unlimited . I'm talking about the gray bar below. It has a limit to how complex your tattoos can be on your character and I basically hit the max. I can't even add the other tattoos / symbols people I have to my character. APB by far has the best customization and they are limiting it.

tvNc4kU.png

Little Orbit is not limiting it, the game's coding and the physical servers have limits.

The more complex a design, the more memory and processing power needed and that isn't quickly accumulates when a district can hold over 50 players.

I'd suggested looking back at your character and see if there is any way to simplify or make shortcuts in your the designs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While you would have no malicious intentions about the limitless customisation, it would definitely bring a number of people deliberately conducting "planned stress tests" with their 50 100 symbol cars, clothes and tattoo-flooded characters so that in overall would be a bad idea

The limits are needed to reduce loading times. What you need to focus on is maximizing what you can achieve within said limits. Here's some tips:

• Avoid rotating symbols when possible, especially circles. Rotating adds data, and rotating a circle doesn't change how it looks.
  • Reusing the same symbol/decal adds less data than using a different symbol/decal.
  • Don't add clothing items you can't see, like socks under boots and jeans.
  • Clearing a clothing slot deselects your underwear, which frees up a little space.
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, SacOfRice said:

I'm talking about the gray bar below. 

tvNc4kU.png

That bar isn't grey : |

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

That bar isn't grey : |

Looks pretty grey to me.

Ve3wyzi.png