SKOCHO

Gifting

cute poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. gifts?

• yes
    • no, i don't like christmas

Christmas is just around the corner and i'd love to be able to gift my friends stuff from armas just like we used to do, can we please have that back? I don't see any reason not to apart from people attempting to do g1c trades, in which, if they get scammed, they took the risk to do it so they should suffer the consequence of losing their item/money.

Let me know your thoughts on this 🙂

• Thanks 1

What's the harm? Maybe something I don't know about. Was it abused somehow before?

Yes please. I play on an AU PS4 account and being able to gift myself stuff from armas on a UK/US alt would be nice since G1C isn't on the AU store. 😞

On 12/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, Havana said:

What's the harm? Maybe something I don't know about. Was it abused somehow before?

I'm not sure about before but the potential is scams involving real world and in game trades.

1 players says they'll gift something from armas they'll pay for if they are given in trade a Legendary Joker weapon, they don't follow through and that Legendary weapon is stolen.

Same can happen in reverse that an Armas purchased item could be bought and "gifted" with the expectation of something in game exchanged but is refused it.

This second point is more concerning as that is now real world currency involved in a scam for in game content.

Customer Service won't revert a transfer of in game items traded. To be honest, I doubt G1C refunds would ever happen under the circumstances of scams as this may also incentivise scammers. G1C refunds are next to non existent as it is as purchases of G1C is their income. It's a purchases for virtual currency which you are paying for, not the guns or cars, even if you want the refund for the gun/car.

This has had previous GamersFirst very apprehensive to implement item gifting in Armas , but it is at the end of the day down to individual's digression what they do in trades and gifts. If both parties agree to it then it is considered a legitimate transaction and Customer Service have no reason to intervene if everyone was in agreement.

• Thanks 1

Gifting was disabled due to incidence of credit card fraud and false charge backs, as those have serious financial and legal implications for LO. Until they find a way to effectively stop this from being an issue (unlikely, but not impossible), I don't see a way for gifting to come back.