the trend of the game does not change, everything that will be done by the development team will be changed by smart teenagers .

changing game files is not allowed

Edited by yood

Seeing the good report and viruscans, surely I will try it when the Eu servers will return back, a like and a thank you in advance for your efforts

On 12/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Ever since the introduction of EasyAntiCheats, I have been wondering about why it's disabled to change the affinity and priority now.

But I would assume this is a security measure of some kind (since you can allow EAC to run on just 1 core, which seems odd but doesn't affect the game process I guess).

However I found a way to still allow High priority to the APB Process (for affinity I use Process Lasso). I first contacted Matt asking if it was allowed to post or not and he gave me the permission to post it after some testing. Basically what we gonna do is add a registry key to the registry of Windows to tell Windows we always want this application High priority from the get-go.

My first impressions felt like the mouse input latency (mouse to screen reaction) felt a bit smoother compared to before. But that could been placebo effect, most of my testers also claimed the same thing.

Disclaimer:

Now I am not gonna say it's gonna give you +30000% boost in FPS or frame time consistency because it's not going to. But it might help with several systems running a lot of processes or just tell the OS to give resources to this application first.

I made this into a simple reg file to add it to your registry. (remove the keys to revert the changes)

VirusTotal.com:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/841ae6c2fef5fd40a32ebca3d472558f9d3f90ad43ee54788ff257087e897527/detection

Download reg file:

https://mega.nz/#!c5ARTYQZ!KEek0mbEkahcFR29zgHy_z7-IE0mz1kfY-VY3Zlu3ws

The source code in case you want to do this manually: (keep in mind the forums make . e x e "program", so it should be \APB . e x e)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\APBprogram\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

Let me know how it works out!

I forgot to weigh in on this thread when this was originally posted. Better late than never.

The reason why EAC disables manual editing of CPU Affinity/Priority for processes it attaches to is for security reasons. For most games, EAC is considered a child process which starts and hooks into the game where necessary. On start of a child process, the child process inherits the parent process Affinity for simplicity reasons on Windows. Very rarely will you ever need a child process to access more processing cores than the parent process, and also simplifies data access across processing cores. Setting process priority higher for the game process should not be necessary. Very rarely does it do anything, and has much wider implications. To quote this article's answer on Stack Overflow:

"A realtime priority thread can never be pre-empted by timer interrupts and runs at a higher priority than any other thread in the system. As such a CPU bound realtime priority thread can totally ruin a machine.

Creating realtime priority threads requires a privilege (SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege) so it can only be done by administrative users."

Any process that has real time priority essentially can get ahead of anything else, force other threads to wait until they are done and are one level below the Operating System in terms of priority for CPU time. Perfect if you wish to have your game squeeze a frame or two, or if you wish to get your cheat to circumvent EAC detection by bypassing it altogether.

And as for forcing CPU Affinity/Priority through Registry Edits, this is NOT SUPPORTED by EAC at all, and has resulted in bans for EAC circumnavigation in other games. You perform this Registry Edit AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As far as this RegEdit is concerned, it would be considered circumnavigating an EAC safeguard.

7 hours ago, SKay said:

Any process that has real time priority essentially can get ahead of anything else, force other threads to wait until they are done and are one level below the Operating System in terms of priority for CPU time. Perfect if you wish to have your game squeeze a frame or two, or if you wish to get your cheat to circumvent EAC detection by bypassing it altogether.

Why not just have High priority cap? I doubt anyone needs anything more than that for normal play. It is one thing about EAC in games that I really hate. 

On 1/6/2020 at 6:28 AM, yood said:

the trend of the game does not change, everything that will be done by the development team will be changed by smart teenagers .

changing game files is not allowed

Nothing in this change is remotely related to any game files. This is purely Windows.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, PingOVER9000 said:

Seeing the good report and viruscans, surely I will try it when the Eu servers will return back, a like and a thank you in advance for your efforts

Thank you for the response. Hopefully it improves your experience.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:59 AM, SKay said:

I forgot to weigh in on this thread when this was originally posted. Better late than never.

The reason why EAC disables manual editing of CPU Affinity/Priority for processes it attaches to is for security reasons. For most games, EAC is considered a child process which starts and hooks into the game where necessary. On start of a child process, the child process inherits the parent process Affinity for simplicity reasons on Windows. Very rarely will you ever need a child process to access more processing cores than the parent process, and also simplifies data access across processing cores. Setting process priority higher for the game process should not be necessary. Very rarely does it do anything, and has much wider implications. To quote this article's answer on Stack Overflow:

"A realtime priority thread can never be pre-empted by timer interrupts and runs at a higher priority than any other thread in the system. As such a CPU bound realtime priority thread can totally ruin a machine.

Creating realtime priority threads requires a privilege (SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege) so it can only be done by administrative users."

And as for forcing CPU Affinity/Priority through Registry Edits, this is NOT SUPPORTED by EAC at all, and has resulted in bans for EAC circumnavigation in other games. You perform this Registry Edit AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As far as this RegEdit is concerned, it would be considered circumnavigating an EAC safeguard.

In this case we are on High priority but I do understand what you're aiming or referring to.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, HawtGirl said:

Why not just have High priority cap? I doubt anyone needs anything more than that for normal play. It is one thing about EAC in games that I really hate. 

Above High does weird things to the entire stability of the system anyway.

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Nothing in this change is remotely related to any game files. This is purely Windows.

by default .  

question . can console players do this ?

Edited by yood

22 hours ago, yood said:

by default .  

question . can console players do this ?

N..o...

7 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

N..o...

let's put an end to this . the user should not make changes . it should download and play .

Edited by yood
  • Thanks 1