Blackace-RD

The game went down for a day or two and most of the people are having a mental breakdown

6 hours ago, Ketog said:

High latency is not annoying, having high packet loss and an unstable network is

Agreed.

My ISP has recently decided to route me to the moon and back before connecting to APBs servers, so Im getting around 170ms on a good day from Chicago to Texas. Its completely playable until I also start getting packet loss. Once that happens, its time to log out.

apb is addictive, theres just no other game like it. it really is one of a kind. LO could do well with it with a little love and attention. decent servers, sounds like they're doing that now. engine upgrade which i believe they're working on, more customization. clothes, hairstyles etc. but most importantly.. ADVERTISING. it's one thing g1 never did, advertise, and it was a huge mistake. all MMO's advertise. just buy adwords and some facebook ads. i know it costs money but you have to spend some money to make money. but then you need user retention, keeping the macroing triggerbotting golds in their own district for starters. then you'll have lots and lots of new potential ARMAS customers to make your ad money back.

12 hours ago, Ketog said:

im gonna be that annoying guy here but i disagree:

High latency is not annoying, having high packet loss and an unstable network is, i played apb from Reunion Island for 5 years with 230ms but 0packet loss at all times (with my ping pretty much never fluctuating more than 3-5ms)

No one were able to tell that i play with such a high ping due to me having a very stable connection and thus no teleports or weird warps.

tldr: unstable internet and packet loss causes, high ping and teleports, but high ping is not the main cause.

high latency is still annoying, especially with all the things that are server side in apb

other players may not be able to tell but there’s still a very noticeable delay on stuff even at only 100-150ms

Did you see what happened with fortnites blackhole??????