Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

Clan Symbols

When will clan symbols be visible to others in the tab HUD? The space for them have been there since forever, but it's never shown the symbols, only the player symbol. I have always wondered if it was ever going to be fixed.

see image

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052985085/screenshot/764975317491934741

You can make it appear for yourself by going into clan tab/change symbol. But noone else can see it to my knowledge.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

when we get a new UI

didn't we already get a new UI years ago though? Or at least "parts" of it. It's not even a hard fix, considering you can see your clan symbol where it belongs if you go into the clan tab (or go into clan tab, modify the symbol and pop out of it, it then pops up for you in the TAB window during missions but noone else)

Edited by Noob_Guardian

7 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

didn't we already get a new UI years ago though? Or at least "parts" of it. It's not even a hard fix, considering you can see your clan symbol where it belongs if you go into the clan tab (or go into clan tab, modify the symbol and pop out of it, it then pops up for you in the TAB window during missions but noone else)

yes

this is also why UI causes major frame drops. the game runs two different UIs at the same time.

i think maybe in the upgraded apb version it will be fixed. because i think they pushed the UI into one element and not using two different UI

For me, it like struggles to load in the scoreboard. I know it used to work I think...?

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just post the code to fix it.... Since it's an easy fix and all. 

ui->setup ui;

QPIXmap pix*();

ui->label_pic-<setpixmap();

:classic_unsure: Probably the wrong code blah blah whatever lol they dont have the trollface emoji anymore

The code is already there and partially works whatever it is, the ui location is already determined as well. I'd think it would be a matter of linking the clan image to there permenantly and making it visible at all times like the normal player symbol. However we all know that APB's coding is a clusterfuck so that "easy fix" would probably break 50 things.

11 hours ago, Alani said:

yes

this is also why UI causes major frame drops. the game runs two different UIs at the same time.

i think maybe in the upgraded apb version it will be fixed. because i think they pushed the UI into one element and not using two different UI

I thought they had consolidated it into one by now, rip

Sign in to follow this