Hollywood7098

FE2 up and Runninh ofc

If "Fallen Earth" servers are going down, FE2 should be up the week after the old server is closed correct. Welcoming all players to the new wasteland. *opinion* 💁 if not it makes no sense to even close the server.

It does make sense if keeping the game up in its current state is almost the equivalent of burning up money (Not sure if this is actually the case).

Here's some info that you might not have seen on how the server side of FE works 

So I know that one of the ideas was to make map smaller but will they open FE2 sooner than later though? And that's where I'm lost on closing the server.

8 minutes ago, Hollywood7098 said:

So I know that one of the ideas was to make map smaller but will they open FE2 sooner than later though? And that's where I'm lost on closing the server.

What I gather from all of this is that it wasn't worth it to keep the servers running due to the low player count (which means barely any income) to help pay for the servers, so they're taking the servers down while they get FE2 to a point where it runs well on the new engine.  Matt said it'll be a while before it comes back up.  It's sad but it makes a lot of sense from a business perspective.  If you're just burning money on maintaining something that isn't bringing any in then pulling the plug is the right thing to do to keep the company alive.  This will also most likely help them focus on getting the new engine ready because they don't have to worry about doing constant maintenance on something as broken as FE until the new one is done.

20 hours ago, Hollywood7098 said:

If "Fallen Earth" servers are going down, FE2 should be up the week after the old server is closed correct. Welcoming all players to the new wasteland. *opinion* 💁 if not it makes no sense to even close the server.

Fallen earth 2.0 is still development and will probably take a few years before we get fallen earth 2. 

There will be an entire new wave of players by then anyway..  I would like to believe we could find something better to do with our time than wait for this NEW version... but...uhhh…  who are we kidding... 😁

16 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

What I gather from all of this is that it wasn't worth it to keep the servers running due to the low player count (which means barely any income) to help pay for the servers, so they're taking the servers down while they get FE2 to a point where it runs well on the new engine.  Matt said it'll be a while before it comes back up.  It's sad but it makes a lot of sense from a business perspective.  If you're just burning money on maintaining something that isn't bringing any in then pulling the plug is the right thing to do to keep the company alive.  This will also most likely help them focus on getting the new engine ready because they don't have to worry about doing constant maintenance on something as broken as FE until the new one is done.

So like whats the promotional step to further a player population? Ok business wise were donating money to a game with no real income, but what happens to the elder players who can basically tutorial the game for the new crowd? It's run them off? Then you'll have only the adorable nubs scavenging round with no real guidance, I'm just looking for a future image to look for.  😂😷😭🙋🤷

9 hours ago, Ronald said:

There will be an entire new wave of players by then anyway..  I would like to believe we could find something better to do with our time than wait for this NEW version... but...uhhh…  who are we kidding... 😁

A "entire new wave of players" is not good for business 😭😭😭 I mean it's not good for gameplay, I might just be putting up a fuss. 🤷

Merged.

11 hours ago, Dyresand said:

Fallen earth 2.0 is still development and will probably take a few years before we get fallen earth 2. 

Omgeeeee 🤢 . . I've had thought it would take months,  but honestly they run it within a alpha state, until further reproduction is complete in the other sectors, like once Sector 1 ... Oh an sector 2 {I guess} 💁 is complete, they can open FE2 in its alpha stage an release it to the public. Just incase no 1 forgets about the game. 

I hope FE2 is come in 2 year so I can stop play WarFrame it's a ok game but my first love is Fallen Earth. 

• Thanks 1