Sign in to follow this  
HelplessBaby

Deactivating threat segregation during low population?

5 hours ago, Salvick said:

Regading these two replies, that's how it would work on an ideal scenario, right now the very few new players joining the game get lost by joining by the main district selection screen and join the "silver" districts where all the golds/experienced players are and bronze districts are filled with these averagely experienced players that can't pass the curve to a gold threat so they dethreat on purpose and manage by this complex technique to join a lower threat district.

Right now threat is not just totally broken because of dethreaters but also absolutely irrelevant and counterproductive to potential new players who quit the game after a couple of weeks because by they experience and learn the high tier weapons and "premium" items from experienced players before they even learn to manually select a district, making them feel the game is totally unbalanced and p2w.

Yeah, pretty much this explain why some people believes thread segregation is okay, it is not. Newcomers are mixed with highly experienced players, and average players dethreating already messed up the whole threat system badly.

none of what you said justifys golds killing bronzes freely.

motion denied

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

none of what you said justifys golds killing bronzes freely.

motion denied

Then we can open a new discussion about how to stop golds from fighting newcomers and low threat players...which are also two different kind of bronze and silver players btw, but right now the threat-lock not only is not stopping them from doing that but it also gives more difficulties for every kind of players no matter their threat or experience.

14 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Then we can open a new discussion about how to stop golds from fighting newcomers and low threat players...which are also two different kind of bronze and silver players btw, but right now the threat-lock not only is not stopping them from doing that but it also gives more difficulties for every kind of players no matter their threat or experience.

dethreating is against tos

but your solution's are to cure your boredom by unlocking the district to stomp in bronze and chase people off of APB?

seriously now how can you possibly think that is a god idea when it only benefits you? 

no just no

In the current state of things, you could get rid of the entire threat segregation and it wouldn’t change much.

I recently started playing the game again after a few years of break. I remember the threat system has never been truly accurate, but now it's clearly worse than ever.

My friends and I are now silver, and I’d say that's where we belong after such a long time without playing. Back in the days there was already a huge gap among gold, between the "good" players with 1000~2000hrs and the "extra-good" players with 3000+ hours.

Now it feels like there are new gaps, while threat levels remained unchanged :

-          There are the “real” gold who never really stopped playing APB and are able to steamroll pretty much everything, and some “new old” golds who recently got it back.

-          Then we have silver being a mix of those who just returned to the game after a long break, those who haven’t played for a few weeks just long enough to lose their threat but not their skill, those who dethreat on purpose because they enjoy easy wins, and those who are simply “average” (300~500hrs ?).

-          Finally there's bronze, consisting of new players and occasional players (and sometimes rerolls trolling).

-          Oh and also green level which … Come on we all know this is not really a thing.

Like it has always been the case since the implementation of "mild" threat segregation (allowing you to join lower threat districts), people don’t want to wait 50min to get opposition on a private gold server, they will join silver districts. But as the lower part of silvers want to escape the seemingly unbeatable top-tier of gold players, they’ll join the bronze servers. Bronze players will unsurprisingly get rekt, and since they have nowhere else to go, they’ll just ragequit.

In other words, the threat system would require more levels to be more accurate, just like Overwatch or Rocket League do, but APB’s low population doesn’t allow it. Right now it’s only effective at discouraging new players.

There is certainly a way to encourage people to accept more challenge, or basically make losing more acceptable. I know there’s also the eternal lack of confidence in the game, with some people out there truly believing that anyone stomping them is either cheating (I never considered myself to be among the “extra-good” players, but it didn’t stop me from getting hackusated on a daily basis before I stopped playing) or using “those damn OP P2W guns”. Not sure what to do about them though.

Edited by Aisakey
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

but your solution's are to cure your boredom by unlocking the district to stomp in bronze and chase people off of APB?

seriously now how can you possibly think that is a god idea when it only benefits you? 

no just no

11 hours ago, Salvick said:

Please, try to avoid taking a suggestion or a reply as a personal attack. I ain't bored nor dethreating, I'm not stomping anyone and I'm not saying that my statements are the final absolute truth as neither I think are yours or anyone's else. I'm actually tired of explaining every newcomer I get matched with or against how to do an advanced search to join the bronze servers because they are silver and got mixed with the high experienced golds and I'm tired of getting matched with or against golds who can't let their threat naturally fall back to silver because it hurts their online ego so they avoid playing the game by dethreating on purpose to run away from other gold players.

Here we have a problem that affects pretty much to all of us, some because they feel its unfair to fight against more experienced players, some others because they think it is unfair to scare new players or low-skilled players bullying them on a battle and most of us because we basically see how the game struggles to keep its population on Jericho and barely gets to retain any new players.

9 hours ago, Aisakey said:

In the current state of things, you could get rid of the entire threat segregation and it wouldn’t change much.

There is certainly a way to encourage people to accept more challenge, or basically make losing more acceptable.

^This.

Edited by Salvick

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

Please, try to avoid taking a suggestion or a reply as a personal attack

did not

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

^This.

already proven to be false and reasons already proven long before today

you just chose to have deaf ears on the truth even though even i pointed them out in this thread

also many other threads on why gold should not be fighting bronze.

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

no just no

still stands

My issue on Jericho is when the only available district (the 1 populated silver district) I can play is at 40/40 and I have to sit there for 10 minutes spamming the join district in the hopes someone leaves.

At least give us a queue system.

And start tossing bronze and trainees in the green district.  They should not be in the silver or bronze district by default.  You are losing a lot of potential returning players because they get stomped hard by silvers in the bronze districts.

Edited by illgot

8 minutes ago, illgot said:

My issue on Jericho is when the only available district (the 1 populated silver district) I can play is at 40/40 and I have to sit there for 10 minutes spamming the join district in the hopes someone leaves.

At least give us a queue system.

And start tossing bronze and trainees in the green district.  They should not be in the silver or bronze district by default.  You are losing a lot of potential returning players because they stomped hard by silvers in the bronze districts.

absolutely agree

also i think a queue system was mentioned by MattScott but i do not know what he said exactly about the idea

On 9/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Salvick said:

But I wonder if having roughly 160 players in peaks hours on Jericho (80 in gold/silver and 80 in silver/bronze) wouldn't make it harder if these 40/40 per instance gets split around 2 or 3 different locations leaving let's say 15/15 players per district as much...?

No, of course not. You get matched across servers. It doesn't matter in which server you are (Waterfront vs Financial does still matter, of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't actually load into a different instance after a while because the system will naturally distribute players of similar skill onto the same servers.

Of course during low population times you will still get bad matchups or always fight the same group of opponents because no better/different match is available. Or you might get matched across regions (EU, US, RU etc.) which can provide even skills, but poor ping times.

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

No, of course not. You get matched across servers. It doesn't matter in which server you are (Waterfront vs Financial does still matter, of course).

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't actually load into a different instance after a while because the system will naturally distribute players of similar skill onto the same servers.

Of course during low population times you will still get bad matchups or always fight the same group of opponents because no better/different match is available. Or you might get matched across regions (EU, US, RU etc.) which can provide even skills, but poor ping times.

Yeah, well I rather get lower latency than anything, then skills will settle, but playing with high ping, as a lot of players have been doing all this years, will never provide accurate skills measures. That's the most important factor of server phasing to me, I know there's plenty of other players in my region with decent and very good skills and hopefully a bunch of them returns when the voice about low latency gets spread.

Sign in to follow this