Sign in to follow this  
Authorize

Extended marketplace timer, lowered marketplace tax

Hello everyone, i've been trading for a while and have gotten pretty used to the system that is currently in place but i do think there are a few changes that could make trading and life as a whole with marketplace easier:

1. Extended marketplace timer - the 24h marketplace is not helping anyone, if we could list our items longer we could have a much more stable economy than items changing in price literally daily (If you follow marketplace prices directly), if there's some sort of issue that arises when the market timer is above a certain amount, maybe set it to as high as it can go - 48h, 72h, A WEEK would be great.

2. Lowered marketplace tax - This is also an issue, because marketplace selling(Legendaries) has pretty much become obsolete unless someone sells something on the marketplace for extremely cheap, and if you're selling you have to sell extremely high to get even close to the value of the weapon, a good fix for this would be lowering the marketplace tax to either 10% or 5%, 0% would be great but i doubt that'll happen especially if my above suggestion is considered.

Edited by Authorize

Agree with you.

I think your suggestions are useful, the 24h timer is really frustating, because the economy change daily basically, yeah, that's how it works even in real but i would love to see many options like 48/72h, maybe a week also? Or is too much?

Let's see if they could come up with something in the future, near as possible preferably.

Taxes are also annoying, because it became useless for legendaries nowdays, everyone just want to trade.

Market Tax needs to stay as it is part of the money sinks to keep the economy in check.

19 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Market Tax needs to stay as it is part of the money sinks to keep the economy in check.

But it's not really an effective money sink with better alternatives readily available...
But i would agree if they added the timer, then it'd be much more understandable.

Edited by Authorize

I would hazard a guess that some underlying limitations was the reason why the timer on marketplace is so low.

While you may think it is not an effective money sink, I disagree considering that scaling values in transaction opposed to ammunition and car spawns.

Any and all transactions need to be balanced out in a artificial economy (real economies are more dynamic) and some of the biggest transactions in game are though player market place.