ColeTrane

New to the Game

12 hours ago, Boundsoul said:

Yep, I am a troll for being mad that the game I pay for is down again in less than 2 weeks for more than 24 hours. 

Doesn't matter that I was okay with the first downtime, even the rollback. (All that matters now is people know I am irritated so I must be a troll) Then again a few days later as well as missing items and ignored support tickets, but yep I am a troll, trolls gonna troll.

Main thing to remember, it isn't all about you.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, Boundsoul said:

As ridiculous hanging out on a forum for a game you don't play?

Why couldn't they have prepared? They have owned the game for how long now? They have had how long to start working on moving servers? Over a year? Ya, you are right that's not enough time to at least write the move on a post-it note so you don't forget and wake up and be like damn I knew I forgot something, quick tell them 12 hours.

I mean, we could rewind time and never be bought out, and this game could be gone. If you're that upset, and can predict nothing aside from failure, then why are you still here? Obviously there's something that you're not admitting, and you just need to understand the two outcomes. Either we get fixed, (which is basically a surgical procedure and dodging landmines to make what we love whole again), or we get no Fallen Earth at all, and I can tell you one thing I'm NOT having that happen any time soon.

Okay, as my longer response disappeared when I hit post, so shorter version.

The game being down is a very small part. I don't appreciate the missing items and ignored ticket. Tickets would be a top priority, they had days before this downtime to work on them or at least acknowledge them.  The first time the game was down these past two weeks, I was fine, I joked about it ad even tried to calm down someone else that was pissed. But I don't appreciate being lied to. $20 bucks isn't a lot of money, but the game had no problem taking it, then putting you on ignore.

So yes I am upset this time around, it's a combination of being lied to and yes, not being able to waste my time tooling around a virtual world. So ya, don't like me, DM me directly with comments, dislike what I have to say I really don't care.

Edited by Boundsoul
text disappeared

On 5/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, Boundsoul said:

As ridiculous hanging out on a forum for a game you don't play?

Why couldn't they have prepared? They have owned the game for how long now? They have had how long to start working on moving servers? Over a year? Ya, you are right that's not enough time to at least write the move on a post-it note so you don't forget and wake up and be like damn I knew I forgot something, quick tell them 12 hours.

Perhaps they are looking at the forums to see when things become stable again, playing other games in the meantime. That isn't ridiculous but smart.

Why have the frustration of losing progression, having downtime, etc when there are so many other games to play until FE is sorted out? Transferring a very old game, that has sooooooooooo many issues to a new server was never, ever going to go smoothly. To think otherwise is ridiculous 😉

Instead of seeing others as trolls for actually giving a logical and surprisingly decent reply to your post you might want to play something else while we all wait patiently for FE to be playable again.

LO are working hard on getting FE up and running smoothly for all players. There will be times the game is down, has issues and is just unplayable. This little hurdle won't be the end of it yet. You just have to wait as the peeps at LO sort this all out. It isn't like they are sitting around, poking fun at silly players to make them irritated for their own enjoyment. Though if they ever open that department, I want to work there...

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Boundsoul said:

Blah, Blah, Blah. LO is the savior, I get it. No, I don't just tired of hearing about it. 

How am I supposed to be grateful to a company that has dropped the ball multiple times in 2 weeks? They KNEW the contract was up, THEY chose to wait until the last minute to do THEIR JOB of moving the servers. A job I pay them for. They failed to estimate even remotely close to the time for the job (Any contractor would be beaming with pride). Not many jobs you can tell a customer you will be right back, then show up a week later. There were just multiple failures all around.

So no don't really care about the problems they bought from G1. Guess they should have inspected the product better before purchase.

To be fair when G1 originally took over FE servers went to dogshit as well. They ended up improving it eventually, but it fell again when the game was essentially put on life support. So it likely has numerous issues at setting up as well. Although it's fair criticism that it was last minute notice and a notable amount of time.