Miffed117

[Request Thread] Post your Tutorial Request's here!

This thread is for those of you wanting a tutorial to be made. 

Post a request and let other's see it, so that they can see what people want tutorial's of.

Hello all! o/

Ever wanted to know how someone did something in-game or even out of game?(Photoshop, video editing, etc.)

You walked past someone in-game and saw an awesome Tattoo/Symbol/Outfit etc. You feel like you want to make it or make a different variation of it BUT.. you just don't know how. That you want Tip's and Trick's and How-to's BUT there just isn't any tutorial's on how to do it..(unless there already is a tutorial on it..then ignore this. 😛)

Post a request in this thread and wait for the awesome people of this community to help you along with a tutorial.

The Detail's. 

Okay, here's what you have to do:

Post below with:

• ~Required: A decent description of what it is your are trying to create. If you want to keep it private for whatever reason please just describe the effect you are trying to achieve, all detailed and clear; Note this isn't to request an item for purchase.
  • ~Optional: Post a screenshot or whatever reference material that is appropriate to your desired creation.  [Please do NOT post anything that goes against the Forum's Terms of Service]

Thread guideline's:

• Ideally, this thread need's to be clutter free, so please keep your posting appropriate.
  • If you feel that you can make a tutorial of a request that is in this thread, please quote the request in your post and just say that you are doing it/when to expect it. Ask for any additional info if you need it.(Just generally make it clear who you are replying to)
  • If your request gets a tutorial made out of it, please can you edit the original post/request and simply add in something along the lines of 'Tutorial Made', maybe even link it.

Point's of Note:

• You may post a tutorial in this thread if it is something easy and small to cover(AN image with a brief description).
  • Big tutorial's should be posted as a thread in the respective 'Tutorial's' section of the Forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Example:

[REQUEST] (<---- Please put this at the top of your request, it will help identify request's from other post's)

Hey guys o/

I have been trying to get my colour gradient's to blend together on clothing but i just can't seem to make them blend properly. It seems that when i try to put a gradient next to another gradient, the blending of colour's in-between is darker than it should be. I am using Gradient sphere's that i have changed the colour's of. I'm trying to make the pink(29,6,10) blend into the light green(14,7,9) with a blue in-between(22,3,10). I might be doing something wrong and haven't really used colour gradient's before, especially on clothing.

Is there some special way you guys do it? Something i don't know about? I would like to know what's the best way of using colour gradients on clothing that blends well together and keeps it's brightness.

Here is my attempt on a hoodie:

20180602204118_1_zpswvtyjvkz.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer!

Please do NOT post anything that goes against the Forum's Term's of Service/Rule's

I am unable to moderate this thread BUT that does not mean that you should post anything that goes against the Forum rule's, nor does it mean you can spam with unrelated post's..cause you know..that's bad, so don't do it.

This is NOT a thread to request tutorial's specifically from ME.

If I have missed anything or you see a way to improve this, please message me.

-Miffed117/Pepper117-

Edited by Miffed117

[REQUEST] [Request Answered Below] 

Hey guys o/

I have been trying to get my colour gradient's to blend together on clothing but i just can't seem to make them blend properly. It seems that when i try to put a gradient next to another gradient, the blending of colour's in-between is darker than it should be. I am using Gradient sphere's that i have changed the colour's of. I'm trying to make the pink(29,6,10) blend into the light green(14,7,9) with a blue in-between(22,3,10). I might be doing something wrong and haven't really used colour gradient's before, especially on clothing.

Is there some special way you guys do it? Something i don't know about? I would like to know what's the best way of using colour gradients on clothing that blends well together and keeps it's brightness.

Here is my attempt on a hoodie:

20180602204118_1_zpswvtyjvkz.jpg

PS: I legit need help with this, its why i made this thread. :3

Edited by Miffed117

It's not you... technically.

First of all, you've got 2 colors in the Green/Indigo range blending into a Pink color. This is always going to have a graying effect somewhere in the middle. It happens in real life that way. There's no way around it. So, what you're seeing is a serious loss in color vibrancy because the mixture of these colors is simply going to produce a washed-out look.

Second, you're blending three different colors. This is never going to yield a good result. You have to have clear separation between at most two colors. What I would do is put your base Hoodie color at the Blue tone. Then apply the Pink gradient on the bottom and the Green gradient on the top, and make extra sure you don't allow those two gradients to touch. Leave a clear, clean band of the base Blue, visible. That's as good as you're going to get it. Also, keep in mind that when you increase the size of the gradient, a lot of times, there's still faint pixels being rendered that you can't technically see. Once again, this Red/Green/Blue mixture isn't actually an effective arrangement when trying to blend together.

Third, even if you use colors which were more compliantary, you're still going to have this kind of problem because of the resolution of the actual symbol you're using. When you increase the size of a symbol, the resolution of DPI of the image doesn't actually increase. It stays the same. As far as I'm aware, the symbols are Vectors inside the designer. But they do not remain Vectors once placed on Cars, Clothes, or Spray Points. They turn into PNG's or whatever. This is why inside the Designer, placing a symbol and increasing its size produces a clean edge. But that same clean edge could be pixelated on a larger canvas such as a car or even a shirt. It's because the image in the Designer is set at a certain resolution and the surface of the car/shirt/display has a different resolution.

Fourth, the way the Gradients work in this game are... weird.

That's my guess as to what is going on.

Edited by Zascha
  • Like 1

Honestly, do we really need a mini thread hub for every single one of these super specific things?

I thought that it would be better for there to be one thread rather than people making a thread on something they need help with, that it would help de-clutter the Tutorials section. If this thread is deemed unnecessary then it just won't be used and will disappear to where the dead threads go. As the game becomes more popular there will be more people wanting to know things, it isn't active now but it just might be useful later down the line.

It certainly helped me along anyway.

I'm just going to drop a link to the google doc of a few of my older tutorials here.

It's police/CSA stuff, but I'm happy to expand on or add on request.