Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

San Paro design.

Since San Paro is under a civil war for the control of the city, that has ben going on for years (c:) I wonder why are civillians walking around like nothing, same for cars.
I would love to see a more ruined city due to the effects of this constant war, explosions all around, destroyed cars, barricades. Idk, I think it could get us more into the game lore if we had a more immersive city.
Thx for reading, Have a great day 😄

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 1

It has been questioned before why are NPCs so unphased going about their day despite the war in the streets going on.

Maybe add boardered up/smashed windows and doors, Parked nuetral cars maybe spawn in with a random amount of damage.

Also as well as graffiti around town, I've not seen any Anti/Pro Mayor Jane Derren banners or posters despite NPCs talking about the CSA. To be honest I'd expect town hall to be surrounded by banners and placards even if protesters have been scared off by all the guns shots from all over town.

I'd put this down to an oversight by RTW and RP just put additional environmental additions on the lower priorities. 

For a city that doesn't have a fire department and a lot of exploding cars, there sure isn't a lot of structural fires or smoke. This is likely down to game engine limitations.

I think it would be interesting if there were NPCs fighting each other too.

I have to agree that even riots that lasts 1 night in real life don't look as mundane as San Paro, for a city in chaos it's in an overall better state than some parts Detroit! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

It has been questioned before why are NPCs so unphased going about their day despite the war in the streets going on.

Maybe add boardered up/smashed windows and doors, Parked nuetral cars maybe spawn in with a random amount of damage.

Also as well as graffiti around town, I've not seen any Anti/Pro Mayor Jane Derren banners or posters despite NPCs talking about the CSA. To be honest I'd expect town hall to be surrounded by banners and placards even if protesters have been scared off by all the guns shots from all over town.

I'd put this down to an oversight by RTW and RP just put additional environmental additions on the lower priorities. 

For a city that doesn't have a fire department and a lot of exploding cars, there sure isn't a lot of structural fires or smoke. This is likely down to game engine limitations.

I think it would be interesting if there were NPCs fighting each other too.

Hell yeah!! I'd love to see APB like that 100%

27 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

I have to agree that even riots that lasts 1 night in real life don't look as mundane as San Paro, for a city in chaos it's in an overall better state than some parts Detroit! 

LMAO

Lore wise it isn't a constant warzone. San Paro is still a functioning place, though not so well.

I do agree it should be a little more muddied in some areas, not all, but not as much as you are implying.

• Like 2

I feel like certain slummy areas should be more torn up but like Zombie said, it's still a functioning city, so I think the areas that tourists would see like main roads and stuff should remain clean.  I don't think the game's story has progressed at all over the years, so we're still stuck at the same period in time (despite the growl being a 2014+ Corvette and having a Donald Trump mask).  Matt said at one point that he wants to continue the story and kinda bring APB to a "Chapter 2" eventually, which might be a good opportunity to tear up the city a little more.

However one of my biggest fears is that that this might turn the game into a generic looking gritty shooter and San Paro won't seem as bright and vibrant anymore, which is one of the things that makes the city interesting in the first place.  It's not your typical dull, run down city that was present in SO MANY games from its time like Infamous, Prototype, GTA IV, etc.  Despite the insane crime rate they manage to keep it looking beautiful and clean.

So sure, destroy the slum areas a little more, but preserve any areas a tourist might see.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

So sure, destroy the slum areas a little more, but preserve any areas a tourist might see.

Ok I can agree with selective areas being redone, One area that comers to mind not to touch would be the Maria and shopping centre of Waterfront.

However the more industrial areas and units could do with some additional run down features especially with so much open space not fully utilised.

Maybe central park and town hall in financial should be unaltered as landmarks, but I can't think of many locations that would be complimented by redesigns other than constructions zone.

Slums or squalor aren't words I would of used, again I can't think of many locations that could be described as such in San Paro other than Asylum which a unique district in it's own right.