CommandantSteele

Weapon mods/advice for Artemis?

This is the Artemis, if you don't know about it.

What weapon mods would everyone recommend using? I've currently got IR3 (Just switched from CJ3), HS3, and 3PS3. I plan on switching to mobility sling when I hit 195.

Also, would anyone have any tricks they found out with the weapon? The 4 STK is nice, but I do struggle with it's demand for absolutely precise ADS shots. I'm pretty decent at keeping the bloom down when I'm not in CQC by controlling my ROF, but when I have to hipfire the weapon I can almost never get reliable kills.

Thanks in advance.

The ISSR-A is widely considered one of the worst guns in APB, sorry to say, but if you're going to use it you might kinda' be on your own as far as mods and how to use it goes.

That being said, I haven't used the gun much personally, but your mod setup sounds alright.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freewind said:

This is the Artemis, if you don't know about it.

What weapon mods would everyone recommend using? I've currently got IR3 (Just switched from CJ3), HS3, and 3PS3. I plan on switching to mobility sling when I hit 195.

Also, would anyone have any tricks they found out with the weapon? The 4 STK is nice, but I do struggle with it's demand for absolutely precise ADS shots. I'm pretty decent at keeping the bloom down when I'm not in CQC by controlling my ROF, but when I have to hipfire the weapon I can almost never get reliable kills.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any reason you use it over the ISSR-B?

It's been a long time since I used the ISSR-A. Depending on your play style you can go with hunting sight or reflex sight. IR3 would probably be better than CJ3. Any purple mod would work. The gun is fun to use but the range stinks and you're never going to beat skilled ntecs, oscars, carbines, etc. Good luck though.                        

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Kewlin said:

The ISSR-A is widely considered one of the worst guns in APB, sorry to say, but if you're going to use it you might kinda' be on your own as far as mods and how to use it goes.

That being said, I haven't used the gun much personally, but your mod setup sounds alright.

Comparing the ISSR-A with the ISSR-B There is No diffrent between them just the fact that B Can have 3open slots

And comparing the ISSR-B With Obeya Cr it's simply -1shot with Less TTK by 0.10secs And trading it with the Bloom 

That players have to deal with in the 4th shot and you have 0.10secs to Mange the bloom with is more than enough

in my opinion it's Just for people with diffrent playstyle 

51 minutes ago, Nijavid said:

Comparing the ISSR-A with the ISSR-B There is No diffrent between them just the fact that B Can have 3open slots

And comparing the ISSR-B With Obeya Cr it's simply -1shot with Less TTK by 0.10secs And trading it with the Bloom 

That players have to deal with in the 4th shot and you have 0.10secs to Mange the bloom with is more than enough

in my opinion it's Just for people with diffrent playstyle 

This isn't true. There is a lot different between the ISSR-A and the ISSR-B. For one the ISSR-A is automatic and the ISSR-B is semi auto. Both are 4 shot kills, but the range of the ISSR-B is 85m while the ISSR-A is probably 50m-60m (I am not 100% sure exactly). The ISSR-A has 3 open lots, the ISSR-B only allows 1 open slot and it cannot be a red modification. ISSR-A you can be mobile when you shoot and the ISSR-B makes you stick to the ground.

I can't remember what the drop off is for the CR726 but if you shoot the ISSR-B correctly the bloom is not an issue against the CR726 once you're at like 75m+. You should be able to beat it with the Dog Ear. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

Both are 4 shot kills, but the range of the ISSR-B is 85m while the ISSR-A is probably 50m-60m (I am not 100% sure exactly).

All sniper rifles were buffed to 90m, so the B will be 83 with the silencer, and all assault rifles (except the Ursus and LCR) have a min range of 50 and a max range of 70.

On top of that though, if you look into things, the B does slightly more damage, a TON more hard damage. Additionally, the accuracy mechanics of the two guns are vastly different, with the B having much better bloom per shot, and max bloom, as well as better run, sprint, jump, and marksman modifiers. The only accuracy stat the A has better is base accuracy, but that's virtually a moot point since the B has better accuracy in every other way.

The only benefits the A really has over the B are a slightly better RoF and more slots, but the RoF difference is extremely minor, especially with everything else considered, and the slots aren't worth it if the gun simply is not as good.

Maybe buffing the hard damage on the ISSR-A might make it more viable. 

3 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

Maybe buffing the hard damage on the ISSR-A might make it more viable. 

I already have the DMR-AV PR2. I really kinda don't need another gun that does high hard damage. Unless hard damage does something I'm missing?

I'd personally kinda like it if they actually took the full auto off the Artemis and made it semi-auto with a slight buff to fire rate. Because it feels like the full auto is there only to gimp your firing speed due to the extremely sluggish nature of it and the giant bloom that you get if you shoot more than 3 shots quickly. Though then it's kinda getting into being a J. Carbine or CR762 clone instead of a unique weapon.

Shifting them back into 3 STK weapons like they used to be (citation needed because I've only heard about this from one person on the forums) would also be kinda nice and would fit with their bloom/fire mechanics. From what I can tell you can pop off the first 3 shots very quickly and accurately on both the Dog Ear and Artemis, but past that you start blooming. It seems to paint a clear playstyle: Pick off one guy and then move because your bloom spiked. Maybe drop the magazine capacity to... I dunno six? On both. 

8 minutes ago, Freewind said:

I already have the DMR-AV PR2. I really kinda don't need another gun that does high hard damage. Unless hard damage does something I'm missing?

I'd personally kinda like it if they actually took the full auto off the Artemis and made it semi-auto with a slight buff to fire rate. Because it feels like the full auto is there only to gimp your firing speed due to the extremely sluggish nature of it and the giant bloom that you get if you shoot more than 3 shots quickly. Though then it's kinda getting into being a J. Carbine or CR762 clone instead of a unique weapon.

Shifting them back into 3 STK weapons like they used to be (citation needed because I've only heard about this from one person on the forums) would also be kinda nice and would fit with their bloom/fire mechanics. From what I can tell you can pop off the first 3 shots very quickly and accurately on both the Dog Ear and Artemis, but past that you start blooming. It seems to paint a clear playstyle: Pick off one guy and then move because your bloom spiked. Maybe drop the magazine capacity to... I dunno six? On both. 

Hard damage means vehicle damage. 

At long ranges it's hard to consistently hit 3 fast shots with the dog ear. It's best to shoot it in bursts of two and wait for the reset. Generally when you're in combat long range you should have some type of cover or the confidence you can out range them. From what you've said, if you like the ISSR-A but would prefer semi auto, then the ISSR-B is exactly what you want. Even though it only has one open slot, it is superior in every way as others have demonstrated. Pop hunting sight 3 on there and enjoy the jumpshots. 

6 shots only in the mag on the Dog Ear would nerf it too much. You'd only be able to get one kill at best with one clip. If you made it a 3 shot kill in it's current form it would be very OP. I'd trade 4 shot kill and 12 in the mag for 3 shot kill and 6 in the mag any day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Hard damage means vehicle damage. 

At long ranges it's hard to consistently hit 3 fast shots with the dog ear. It's best to shoot it in bursts of two and wait for the reset. Generally when you're in combat long range you should have some type of cover or the confidence you can out range them. From what you've said, if you like the ISSR-A but would prefer semi auto, then the ISSR-B is exactly what you want. Even though it only has one open slot, it is superior in every way as others have demonstrated. Pop hunting sight 3 on there and enjoy the jumpshots. 

6 shots only in the mag on the Dog Ear would nerf it too much. You'd only be able to get one kill at best with one clip. If you made it a 3 shot kill in it's current form it would be very OP. I'd trade 4 shot kill and 12 in the mag for 3 shot kill and 6 in the mag any day. 

I picked up both. Though I can agree that my idea might be bad. One unrelated to APB game design class gives me only a surface level understanding of things.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:03 AM, LaQuandra said:

you're never going to beat skilled ntecs                        

is that something new ?