Sign in to follow this  
Kylehume

APB: In-game advertising and sponsorship

I see a lot of the in-game billboards and electric signs and stuff and have wondered for a few years now if GamersFirst has ever considered using Dynamic In-game Advertising (in a non-invasive way of course)?

I don't mean to write you a proposal for it or anything, so he's my lazy list to prove that there is certainly precedence for this type of thing:

Other non-sourced: In the original The Sims Online, Electronic Arts had various advert deals with companies like Intel (Sims used Centrino Laptops) and McDonald's (You can open a McDonald's stand). Plus who could forget their offline Sims packs like H&M and Ikea Stuff (Sims 2). EA has also used this technique in games like Battlefield 4. Microsoft even had some XBox games that served adds for the then-candidate Former President Barack Obama.

Note that since APB is rated M, you're also not restricted by some recent US legislation involving in-game advertising toward children.

I also could imagine unique limited events such as being tasked to rescue "stolen" (by civilians) vans for X company (event sponsored by them, their logo on the vans) and take them to your local chop shop/impound to rewards.

I literally have no incentive but have just been genuinely curious for quite a while about this concept. Since GamersFirst has a new parent company, I guess I just finally want to flat out ask.

I think ages ago there was some in-game ads for clan sites, but that's all i remember amd it was brief. 

The issue is a game about violence will have a limited range of ads available or may not be a large sum of money.

But,  who knows what may happen in the future?

I believe ads shown in-game do not bring enough income to make it worth it. I've yet to see Coca Cola ads ingame.

• Like 1