Deftonez

Account merging.

So I know people have gone over this idea time and time and again, also I did make a thread on this 2 or 3 months ago, and it seemed to get some good feedback but there hasn't been an official statement on it from the staff of LO.

So account merging in a nutshell:

- The ability to merge in game accounts
- A program you don't have to do unless you want to it
- Maybe done through support or some other way (idk lol)

Benefits of account merging:

- Accounts have so many unique items to where other accounts don't have those items (Ex. OBT Veteran Title, merge an account with that title with an account without one, the combined account has the OBT title)
- This could protect people from their account(s) being accessed by someone else and being stolen since that used to a happen a lot and probably still does
- Premium for all your characters on one master account
- Buying account bound weapons, clothing packs, etc, would be so much more beneficial.

Cons of account merging:

- None (at least I hope so)

The reason I'm all for this is because I have many accounts that I actively use and manage daily and it's a pain in the patootie playing favorites when only 1 of your accounts has premium, one has the OBT title, and one has the KTTW pack. If all my accounts were put into one, god I wouldn't have to worry about what account to manage or whatever.

All I'm asking is for an official statement on this, considering I made a thread about this months ago, and other people have thrown around the idea countless times.

1 hour ago, Deftonez said:

So I know people have gone over this idea time and time and again, also I did make a thread on this 2 or 3 months ago, and it seemed to get some good feedback but there hasn't been an official statement on it from the staff of LO.

So account merging in a nutshell:

- The ability to merge in game accounts
- A program you don't have to do unless you want to it
- Maybe done through support or some other way (idk lol)

Benefits of account merging:

- Accounts have so many unique items to where other accounts don't have those items (Ex. OBT Veteran Title, merge an account with that title with an account without one, the combined account has the OBT title)
- This could protect people from their account(s) being accessed by someone else and being stolen since that used to a happen a lot and probably still does
- Premium for all your characters on one master account
- Buying account bound weapons, clothing packs, etc, would be so much more beneficial.

Cons of account merging:

- None (at least I hope so)

The reason I'm all for this is because I have many accounts that I actively use and manage daily and it's a pain in the patootie playing favorites when only 1 of your accounts has premium, one has the OBT title, and one has the KTTW pack. If all my accounts were put into one, god I wouldn't have to worry about what account to manage or whatever.

All I'm asking is for an official statement on this, considering I made a thread about this months ago, and other people have thrown around the idea countless times.

No. I have accounts on all servers  they are totally different in game content things be like ? Edited by Yood

3 hours ago, Yood said:
No. I have accounts on all servers  they are totally different in game content things be like ?
Did you even read where I said "A program you don't have to do unless you want to it" meaning you don't have to merge your accounts unless YOU feel like it, you're not being forced by anyone.

I think you're underestimating how much work would have to go into sifting through databases and files, per user, possibly per character. It's not like they can just "drag and drop" your old user into your new user. So for cons, I think "very fuggin difficult" is pretty accurate.

• Like 1

iirc orbit has already said they were looking into this

it would be pretty great if it happens tho, kind of frustrating to switch accounts to use certain weapons, even if i have no one to blame but myself

• Like 1