MurkTheMerc

Solution to runners in missions

Change it to a drop off location the item will need to sit at to gain points. The point system is set to the 'Tug of war' points system you see in the TDM missions with the green and red bar. This could also just be separate point pools
After a certain amount of points are gained, say the location only gives up to 50 pts shared between the teams to take, the location will change and the objective item will need to be moved.
Over time, if the item is not dropped in the currently set location, the team with the bigger piece of the point "rope" will center out, if this is on the separate point pools, both teams will lose points. This should help negate the whole, snatch the objective and run with the mission item problem a bit more.
The further the item is from the drop off area, the faster points will be lost.

For VIP missions, it goes as this:
VIP must goto an objective area and stay there for a set amount of time.
The VIP's name tag will be visible when in transit to the location but once they get to the objective area, the name tag will disappear.
If the VIP is not in the objective area, a window of time will be shown under the lives counter. This counter will only reset if they step back into the objective area.
If the timer hits 0, a VIP live will be lost, the player will not die though. The rule for name tags, applies to this so if you try to run, you will show up on the HUD.

For Team Death Matches:
Make players fight each other in a set area.
Name tags do not appear unless you're outside of the set mission area.
If a player leaves the mission area, a window of time will be shown under the lives counter. This counter will only reset if they step back into the objective area.
If the timer hits 0, a team life will be lost, the player who caused it, will not die though.

Edited by MurkTheMerc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

Change it to a drop off location the item will need to sit at to gain points. The point system is set to the 'Tug of war' points system you see in the TDM missions with the green and red bar. This could also just be separate point pools
After a certain amount of points are gained, say the location only gives up to 50 pts shared between the teams to take, the location will change and the objective item will need to be moved.
Over time, if the item is not dropped in the currently set location, the team with the bigger piece of the point "rope" will center out, if this is on the separate point pools, both teams will lose points. This should help negate the whole, snatch the objective and run with the mission item problem a bit more.
The further the item is from the drop off area, the faster points will be lost.

i can see the item location moving but neither team is able to gain control of the area long enough to move the item, and a lot of these ending in ties

alternatively i can see teams picking the item up once the location changes and running with it anyway if they have enough points to run out the clock on the mission

6 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

Make players fight each other in a set area.
Name tags do not appear unless you're outside of the set mission area.
If a player leaves the mission area, a window of time will be shown under the lives counter. This counter will only reset if they step back into the objective area.
If the timer hits 0, a team life will be lost, the player who caused it, will not die though.

i like this one, tdm matches have always seemed silly since you can see where everyone is all the time

disagree with loss of a life, for TDM. I'd rather have the name tag start displaying on time out instead

Edited by Nitronik

Omg, ok, I think this is where I can describe the literally most annoying game I played, 3v3, against players who were obv a good team, trying pretty hard, these 'class acts' ran with the item in an Espacio which probably had Steel Plating III. Chased them around the map for 7 f*cking minutes and could not catch up nor destroy their vehicle.

Three things could have been changed to stop that trainwreck from happening and letting high rank, high skilled players do an absolute garbage move
1. Steel Plating is too effective and not enough downside
2. Blow Torches should not be able to fix faster than a AR can do dmg
3. and the one that seems most apparent: nerf the max speed a car can go with a hold item inside, acceleration is lowered but apparently max speed is not lowered enough because even with Steel Plating we were not able to easily catch up with them when our car got dmg, one of us died, etc