Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SKay

Certain weapons (shotguns) do an initial "full reload" kick animation when initially spawned in

Recommended Posts

Description: Some weapons (mostly shotguns) do a animation that blocks user input, however this is done when switching to the weapon on spawn. This mostly pertains to shotguns, who do a "full reload" animation kick when switched to quickly enough.

Currently this affects shotguns including:

CSG
TAS-20
JG
Showstopper
 
This exists on LIVE, but it seems to be slightly more noticeable on OTW especially with the Showstopper

Game Version: 1.19.6.791386

Steps to reproduce:
(There are multiple methods of reproduction)

Method 1:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district and equip any listed shotgun or it's variants.
3. Notice that sometimes the shotgun full reload animation kick plays, however you have just spawned in with full ammo.

Method 2:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district and equip any listed shotgun or it's variants.
3. Through normal play or otherwise, either respawn or die, and make sure the gun you die with is not the listed gun equipped
4. Notice that if you spawn, and switch to the affected gun, it will play the full reload animation kick.

Method 3:
1. Launch the game.
2. Enter any district and equip any listed shotgun or it's variants, but it must be a new equip from an ammo resupply point.
3. Notice that as soon as you exit, the full reload animation kick plays at specific times.

How many times have you recreated this bug: 3/5 overall

Expected results: This shouldn't be happening. 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SKay said:

This exists on LIVE, but it seems to be slightly more noticeable on OTW

You usually spawn with your shotgun in hand so you don't notice it/have to deal with it.
If you spawn with a primary and then switch to the showstopper it happens 90% of the time.

It can get you killed since your gun takes even longer to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug? why did you think that this is an bug? That supposed to be an realistic relading animatioc mechanic , you can do it also by simply full reload the shotgun after it reach 0 bullets in the mag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iDontThinkSo said:

Bug? why did you think that this is an bug? That supposed to be an realistic relading animatioc mechanic , you can do it also by simply full reload the shotgun after it reach 0 bullets in the mag.

378069010132107264.png?v=1
Did you actually read the report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks SKay. This is a bug with the showstopper primarily, as it's essentially acting a little like a pump action shotgun. It's somewhat intended on the pump shotguns, when you switch to a shotgun it has to rack if there's no shell chambered, and a freshly initialised weapon by default doesn't have a shell in the chamber.  This parts a bug, we should definitely fix that, but it can also occur on pump action shotguns if you fire and switch away before you rack a new shell into the chamber, which is intended.

Naturally this shouldn't apply to the showstopper at all, being a revolver (the cylinder snap animation is mechanically a racking anim), so there's a bug there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tobii said:
378069010132107264.png?v=1
Did you actually read the report?
Mh yeah i read it ,the guy was talking about that rack animation and i was just wanted to say that this is an alternative animation for shotgun and it is performed when it has no shells in the chamber or when the shotgun its equipped for the first time and i dont think that this is an bug ….. itz only weird when apllied to the sowhstrooper and maybe it has to be fixed but not for the rest of pump action shotguns ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iDontThinkSo said:
20 hours ago, Tobii said:
378069010132107264.png?v=1
Did you actually read the report?
Mh yeah i read it ,the guy was talking about that rack animation and i was just wanted to say that this is an alternative animation for shotgun and it is performed when it has no shells in the chamber or when the shotgun its equipped for the first time and i dont think that this is an bug ….. itz only weird when apllied to the sowhstrooper and maybe it has to be fixed but not for the rest of pump action shotguns ..
18 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

a freshly initialised weapon by default doesn't have a shell in the chamber.  This parts a bug, we should definitely fix that

The bug is when you spawn in with any shotgun it does not have a shot chambered. That does seem like a bug as Beastie said.
You can compare it to having to reload your weapon before you can use it after respawning.. We wouldn't want that right?

You barely notice it because as you fade in from respawning, you character is already doing the pump animation.
If you die while having your secondary equipped, then spawn in and switch you will see the character do the pump animation after pulling out the shotgun.

But Beastie already confirmed that it's a bug on both weapons. Other than if you switch away mid-reload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...