DouglasFalcon

Let's talk: OTW Improved Rifling

13 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
13 hours ago, Keshi said:

i am fine with IR3...it is too OP

I'm fine with it being OP too. It's such a small range difference. Most players would have died regardless.
Conversely taking away this minor difference wouldn't make such big waves either.
Rifles (and Snipers) don't really need Rilfing, because their damage-curves are way more forgiving to begin with. But since it had no downside on them anyway, it was a no-brainer to pick it.

@LO_Beastie will have to make a balance-pass across all preset-weapons equipped with Rifling, however, because some might make more sense without Rifling afterwards.
  • Like 1

I don't really agree with the change because people with premodded weapons are now getting a gun with a lower fire rate then when they purchased it. Now the Temptress is pretty much useless IMO. And I feel bad for the people that actually bought an N-Tec with IR3 on it for example and now their gun shoots slower. The change itself is meh for me I don't really care about it because most of my builds don't use IR. It's not a huge deal but I would rather have the better fire rate in the long run so I won't be using that mod anymore. Bye bye IR3 N-Tec.

1 hour ago, Dispirit said:

I don't really agree with the change because people with premodded weapons are now getting a gun with a lower fire rate then when they purchased it. Now the Temptress is pretty much useless IMO. And I feel bad for the people that actually bought an N-Tec with IR3 on it for example and now their gun shoots slower. The change itself is meh for me I don't really care about it because most of my builds don't use IR. It's not a huge deal but I would rather have the better fire rate in the long run so I won't be using that mod anymore. Bye bye IR3 N-Tec.

Dunno about you but still see a lot of IR3 ntec. I will still use the mod, since I enjoy the range, just gotta use pistol more /shrug

TBH that kind of worries me. I used to main CSG back when they were OP years back, but even after these new changes I can't touch it any more, because the one that I have has preset IR3 and it makes it more or less useless -- I can get a more consistent ttk and easier kills with my Thumper than my CSG, because with the fact that CA3 exists period, the firing rate decrease is so massively noticable that dang near anything can kill me faster than I can kill it using my CSG with preset IR3.

Not only that, but it has more or less killed my LCR PR2 as well, a gun that I love dearly, but ALSO can't touch any more due to preset IR3.

I agree with the idea that it balances itself out on weapons like SMGs and the Huntress and other weapons that already fire relatively quickly, but at LEAST unlock the slot for our ARMAS guns that have it preset and are now completely useless for it FFS LO

22 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
On 8/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dispirit said:

Dunno about you but still see a lot of IR3 ntec. I will still use the mod, since I enjoy the range, just gotta use pistol more /shrug

The N-TEC has lower TTK than the other ARs and you needed to tap fire at range so it's average TTK was not affected.
  • Like 1