Shiggi

We have the Free version of battleye ?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, Slickmund said:

A free version of BE:

2k5h5lqkc1xx.png
Source: Twitter
Is indeed non-existent. There is a thing called a trial period though, which comes down to BE testing compatibility and effectiveness of their product on a game with a discount on the license, I think.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:22 AM, Slickmund said:
Wouldn't matter either way, for BE to reach full effect they'd need time on any product, trial period or not. Think of it of a trial for BE to get the game under its wing, rather than the other way around. Even if said period was offered for free, it would most likely mean the same quality of service because theyre doing such a thing to gain customers.
So whatever license APB has on BE, it doesn't matter, BE is giving it it's all unless theyre running into issues with APB itself.

In the commercial world, amongst businesses, trial has a completely different meaning than the average meaning of it for private consumers. It's not like they downloaded BE from the appstore on trial with ads or something alike, so the OP's suspicions, which I have heard before are completely irrelevant really.
This is what the risk-free trial refers to, risk free, trial period in which they test the compatability and run some limitations on their software if deemed insecure to run it with all freedom it could have to fully function. By no means does this mean a "free" or inferior service that they offer. I've explained it in detail, I will not go to such same lengths. If you can not extract the data it is offering, that a different ordeal I will not get into again either. Like I mentioned before, this is not the appstore, this is the commercial world and how businesses interact, its a different scale and different customs. Edited by Slickmund

9 hours ago, yony8888 said:

When you buy some program on internet you wana trial version to try is that for you or not,like each antivirus have trial and if you liked full license,that is the same with battleye they send you trial "free demonstration" to you see is battleye for your game or not i see some less popular game then apb on list
Your lack of understanding of the English language is making it impossible for you to understand what "risk-free" is, free and risk-free are different things, stop using Google Translate and go to school.

A quick Google search returns this "Risk-free return is the theoretical return attributed to an investment that provides a guaranteed return with zero risk."

Got it? Good, now stop with your pointless argument that they're not banning (when Matt said they are)/using some free version of BE. I work with an indie game studio, WE HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT GETTING A BATTLEYE LICENSE IN THE PAST, A FREE VERSION DOES NOT EXIST. PERIOD. FULL STOP. Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hypothesis said:
9uzcb2a.gif

I could watch it for hours 🤣

Overdue lock on thread owner's request. Apologies for a delay.

• Thanks 1