Exebyte

Old ranking system

3 hours ago, neophobia said:
a medium term goal definitely is getting r255 on one char or like on one crim one enf. takes multiple hundreds of hours. i'm on 1.1k hours of actual playtime and only just got my second max (though i didn't go straight for that) and i had prem like 95% of the time.

it does lack long term. (except if you think getting thst jt crown is one... or getting the rare nanos... or grinding weaponroles. all no real fun, especially rare nanos which are just rng)
however just getting gold 10... the old threat system just promotes exploiting in apbs current way (readying up in empty district with only friends as opp). not my main point. it's just so much of a thing for egomaniacs thaf promotes toxicity. any ranked/comp game is. lol, dota, csgo can be fun but rankeds are mostly hostile. even more hackusations, even more whining about teammates.
a long term goal is needed but this isn't one. a skilled player would also not need long to achieve it.

we also have a link. forums-old.gamersfirst.com
perhaps getting a higher spawn rate (50% more?) for the nano activities once you reach R255 could help?

13 minutes ago, Toasted said:
perhaps getting a higher spawn rate (50% more?) for the nano activities once you reach R255 could help?
Nano activities are that special type of rare where 50% increase literally wouldn't affect it. You'd need on the order of 25,000% or more to start seeing any difference.

The old ranking system as well as the current both need to be reworked

Little Orbit is already doing that aren't they?

I actually liked the old threat system. Liked being able to see what specific threat level I was but I don't mind the new system. I don't agree with removing threat all together. The game has too steep of a learning curve for green to bronze level players to just constantly go up against veteran players. This is one of the things that makes new players quit the game. Matchmaking with no threat would be terrible. If you weren't in a 4-man premade already you'd be getting unfair matchups constantly. 2 golds with 2 bronzes against 4 man premade or 3 golds 1 silvers against 4 bronzes, etc...

Matchmaking and threat can be tweaked for sure. We could even roll back to old threat and I wouldn't have an issue but removing it all together where you don't have a clue who is obviously a seasoned player and who isn't is a dumb idea